Company: Blain's Farm & Fleet
Posted on: January 12, 2022
What We Offer:At Blain's Farm & Fleet we believe everyone
deserves the opportunity to have a job they love, work in a great
environment, grow their career, and enjoy a positive work/life
As a family-owned retailer we take pride in offering a competitive
benefit package designed to support you and your life. It is one of
the reasons we have been named a Forbes Best Employer for three
- We provide development to help you grow your career
- Employee discount
- Internal recognition programs that support an engaged
- Profit Sharing
- Mix of in office and work from homeWhat You--ll Do:The
Assistant Controller plays a key role in the management of
accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting within the
organization. Duties include ensuring the accuracy and consistency
of data in accordance with GAAP, identifying and managing internal
controls, producing financial reports and ad hoc analysis, and
mentoring and developing staff.
- Manage team of eight associates, four of which are direct
- Support Accounting Manager in month end close processes,
ensuring all timelines are met.
- Ensure that accounts are properly reconciled while highlighting
and resolving inconsistencies or unusual transactions.
- Review preliminary and final monthly financial statements.
Confirm proper treatment and compliance of all accounting
transactions under US GAAP standards.
- Guide staff in preparing variance analysis for actual vs.
budget and vs. prior year, including commentary for the board deck.
Review board deck for accuracy.
- Prepare and evaluate accounting reserves analysis.
- Ensure the proper reconciliations are prepared for g/l accounts
each month; review account detail for accuracy.
- Implement and monitor various accounting policies, procedures
and internal controls as necessary.
- Engage with internal functional managers to review expenses vs.
budget to ensure company's expenses are in-line with budget. Hold
monthly meetings to track and forecast expenses.
- Oversee treasury management functions.
- Work with external accounting firm on tax preparation and
- Support the annual operating budget and reforecast
- Support the year end audit as needed.
- Oversee sales and use tax filing processes.
- Review policy and procedures and implement best practices.
- Support implementation of new projects/software/tools as
- Prepare special reports as requested by management.
- Other tasks as assigned.What it Takes:Bachelor's degree in
Accounting. Generally 3-5 years finance experience with supervisory
and management experience and 5 or more years with progressive
experience in corproate accounting. CPA certification preferred
- Experience in public accounting a plus, not required.
- Retail industry experience preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills, including working knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of accounting processes and controls.
- Experience creating process documentation.
- Project management skills, taking an initiative from inception
to completion and working with cross-functional leaders.
- Strong team leadership and development skills. The ability to
manage, influence, inspire, build and develop teams with varied
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills. Must
have the presence and communication skills to establish credibility
across the organization at all levels and with external
constituents such as the external auditors.
- Detail-oriented and "roll-up-your-sleeves" professional.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Intelligent; intellectually curious; possess excellent
analytical, quantitative reasoning and interpretive abilities.
- Well-organized, inquisitive, confident, self-aware, decisive
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Experience as a power user of a mid-market or larger ERP (such
as Oracle/PeopleSoft/NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics AX/365, SAP,
etc.) Experience with an ERP implementation or upgrade a plus.
- Use of a reporting and budgeting system such as Hyperion,
Adaptive Insights, or Solver a plus.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Word, Excel,
Keywords: Blain's Farm & Fleet, Janesville , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!