2nd shift Quality Auditor
Company: United Alloy, Inc.
Posted on: September 11, 2019
United Alloy, Inc. (UAI) is a custom metal fabrication and powder
coating company and ISO 9001:2008 certified facility. We primarily
focus on manufacturing diesel fuel tanks for the power generation
industry; we are the preferred designer, manufacturer, powder
coater of certified metal tanks, skids, frames, trailers, chassis
and related products crafted to world-class quality standards in
strategic partnerships with Fortune 500 OEM customers.
United Alloy s goal is to continually improve processes, products,
and services by investing in technology and key personnel. Our
total quality management system emphasizes continuous improvements,
defect prevention, use of statistical methods and continuous
learning to increase knowledge and skill levels of all
United Alloy encourages their leaders to utilize their talent and
creativity within a diverse, inclusive, innovative and empowering
This position operates various pieces of equipment to fabricate
materials, per specifications in conjunction with customer quality
requirements and United Alloy manufacturing philosophies.
Monitoring machine performance and efficiency are essential. This
individual will have a great deal of flexibility and will be able
to adapt to changing production needs. This position will require
fork truck certification and a clear driving record.
PAY: $16.00 per hour - $20.00 per hour + $3.00 per hour night shift
HOURS: 2pm - 10pm; Monday thru Friday
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality Assurance
Under the direction of the Manager of Quality Assurance, the
Quality Auditor provides support to production and the Quality
Management System (QMS) by performing inspection activities to
product processed at each stage of operations, ensuring quality
specifications adhere to prints/drawing, inspections sheets and
travelers. This position will also monitor product identification,
calibration and ensure products meet the expectations of the
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is
- 2-3 years of experience in a related Quality Function
- The individual must have a solid understanding of metal
fabrication concepts and processes.
- The individual must possess a keen sense of attention to
- Must be able to determine material types and gages.
- Can read and interpret blueprints
- Must be able to navigate in a Windows based computer
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Product testing and Inspection (Visual, Dimensional, Pressure
decay, Vacuum decay, etc---)
- Cross Checks of product at each stage of operations to
prints/drawings, traveler, inspection sheets, Control Plan and
- Issue gages to employees and ensure gauges are calibrated and
- Collection and data entry of inspection results and/or quality
- Monitoring of gauge inventory and other quality
- Identification and reporting of nonconforming product.
- Ensure product is inspected or tested according to the
inspection protocol or plan
- Training of quality expectations to operations personnel when
changes to the inspection process have been changed
- Assists with the plant wide communication of Quality Alerts or
- Has the authority to stop production when nonconforming parts
- Assists members of the Quality Department as needed and as time
- Other duties as assigned
- Inspection and cross check of tanks, skids, weldments and
- Adherence to the Quality Policy and expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist,
stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of
time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly,
frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have
high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease. Ability to
work in an environment that may be either hot, cold or humid.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Position levels within United Alloy is based on skill set - Hourly
compensation is based on experience
Tuition reimbursement assistance for experienced employees
$3.00 Shift Premium for 2nd & 3rd Shifts!!
Competitive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, STD,
LTD, Tuition Reimbursement
Several bonus opportunities to earn THOUSANDS of dollars, including
Employee Loyalty Program, Referral Program, Perfect Attendance
Program and more
Keywords: United Alloy, Inc., Janesville , 2nd shift Quality Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!