Fire Protection Engineer
Company: SHINE Technologies, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
In this important role, you will work closely with SHINE's
Engineers, Operators, and the Licensing team to support the safety
and operability of production processes that will help diagnose
heart disease, treat cancer, and take us closer to clean energy!
The successful candidate will be approachable, adaptable,
collaborative, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-moving,
complex environment. SHINE has a positive and supportive culture -
we look for people who are curious, inventive, and strive to
improve every single day! This position reports directly to the
Safety Analysis Manager and is based at SHINE's corporate
headquarters in Janesville, Wisconsin. Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Own Fire Protection Program and support fire protection system
design (non-fire brigade facilities, NFPA 801).
- Perform evaluations of system and component designs, including
nuclear criticality evaluations, consequence calculations, hazard
evaluations (e.g., HAZOP, FMEA).
- Support NRC and state licensing activities including answering
requests for additional information (RAIs), participating in audits
and public meetings.
- Actively participate in team discussion on safety, fostering an
open dialogue on the best ways to reduce risk and ensure safety,
while bringing new designs to market.
- Produce quality work, including appropriate bases for
assumptions, inputs, and methodologies used.
- Demonstrate accountability for commitments, including schedule
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team, considering
different viewpoints and priorities.
- Direct, open, concise communication style, showing respect to
all individuals and their ideas.
- Ability to work independently, to solve problems and drive to
- Flexibility and sense of urgency to handle unexpected requests
and address urgent needs within the organization. Preferences:
- Background in hazard evaluation or safety analysis within the
nuclear or chemical industry.
- Experience with nuclear analysis or consequence analysis codes
such as MCNP, ALOHA, or PAVAN.
- Familiarity with nuclear industry design, operations, and
- 10 CFR 50 and 10 CFR 70 accident analysis experience.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant's
ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export
Controls. Additionally, applicant's eligibility may be conditioned
based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements
for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a
pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background
check. SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical
component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every
member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and
experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and
from the responsibility we take for our actions. SHINE Technologies
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. PI186829535
Keywords: SHINE Technologies, LLC, Janesville , Fire Protection Engineer, Engineering , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!