Company: System One
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are immediately seeking an Instrumentation and Controls
Manger to work as part of the Engineering management team to lead
and develop a dynamic team of engineers that are at the forefront
of bringing new nuclear technology to market. Our client---s
engineers are designing systems that will help diagnose heart
disease, treat cancer, and take us another step closer to clean
energy. Areas of responsibility for this team include working with
the team to determine control strategies, design of control system
hardware and software, instrument selection, and work with
procurement, vendors, and the construction team to procure,
install, and test the I&C equipment. In addition, the team
works with the licensing team to maintain the accuracy of the
I&C licensing basis. Duties and Responsibilities: Specific
duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Select, develop, evaluate, and lead engineers who support the
design of new nuclear technology.
- Provide direction on the overall design, procurement, and
implementation strategies for facility I&C systems, including
safety and commercial control systems, and process and radiation
- Develop and maintains the group budget and schedule,
maintaining a detailed plan to accurately predict milestones and
- Understand the core requirements of the facility design and
apply those necessary attributes of nuclear standards to achieve a
safe and cost-effective design.
- Review and act as the engineering approval authority for
I&C design documents, including functional requirements,
specifications, drawings, etc.
- Oversee the work of vendors and subcontractors providing design
or equipment in support of the facility, and oversee related
coordination, financial, and administrative functions necessary to
support this work.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines,
quality assurance, procurement, and vendors and subcontractors as
necessary to support the project technical goals and
- Support NRC and state licensing activities including answering
requests for additional information (RAIs), participating in audits
and public meetings, and presenting to NRC and ACRS as needed.
- Bachelor---s degree in relevant engineering or related
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex engineering
- Ability to lead a team to find an optimized solution,
considering different viewpoints and priorities.
- Direct and open communication style, showing respect to all
individuals and their ideas.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff to perform at their
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities, prioritizing
them in a way that contributes most to Company success.
- Five or more years of management experience.
- Familiarity with nuclear industry design, operations, and
regulatory requirements. #LI-PD1
Keywords: System One, Janesville , I&C Manager, Executive , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!