Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DetailsDescriptionMetroNet has an immediate opening for an
energetic and dynamic Construction Manager!At MetroNet, we pride
ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with
outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication
company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes
in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that
provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in
the world. Recognized for being one of the Best Places to Work in
2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry
by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the
talent of our valued associates.
We're looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team
and help us create what's next!What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphereJob Summary:Reporting to
the Director of Construction, the Construction Manager is the
leader of their assigned project(s). The Construction Manager has
the ultimate responsibility for the project budget, meeting project
timelines, customer expectations, managing the project team, and
interfacing with the customer.What you will be doing:
- Review and fully understand the contracts and requirements of
- Create and execute project work plans, schedules, and control
budgets as well as identifying and acquiring resources needed for
prosecution of the project(s).
- Assign individual duties to the project management team and
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project to
ensure on-time and under budget project completion.
- Meet with internal and external customers with prepared reports
to give progress updates, answer questions, and manage requested
changes to project plans.
- Manage the decisions on the scope and delivery of the project
including serving as a technical expert in interpreting the
specification of the project.
- Communicate requirements and specifications to the project
staff and assist with any questions related to the technology,
equipment, and design requirements.
- Serve as the project spokesperson when necessary by developing
relationships and facilitating communication, updates, and meetings
with internal and external customers.
- Ensure contract, permit and authorization compliance, as
- Review and approve job cost accounting reports submitted to
- Maintain day-to-day communication with the Director of
Construction and other management.
- Produce quality results in an efficient and cost effective
- Represent MetroNet professionally to satisfy immediate customer
needs and to foster return business.
- Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the
phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance,
punctuality, and personal appearance according to company
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary
for the effective performance of the role and those of the project
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and
What You Need For This Position:
- BS/BA degree in construction management, electrical
engineering, or civil engineering preferred
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge of Telecom construction and engineering,
project budget creation and management, project scheduling and
tracking, project finance, cost reporting, and field office
- Solid business acumen and experience in managing large telecom
- Ten or more years of telecommunications OSP network design and
construction experience or acceptable equivalent requiredIf you
have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by
ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals,
please apply today!MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: MetroNet, Janesville , Construction Manager, Executive , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!