Plasma Center Manager
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: July 31, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout BioLife Plasma ServicesEvery day at
BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the
lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our
donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a
team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a
comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly
environment.BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda
Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.OBJECTIVES/PURPOSEResponsible for
managing the operations of plasma collection facility, to include
financial, marketing, administrative, regulatory, quality,
personnel and facilities management functions. Supervises the daily
functions and staff activities across departments to optimize
- Employee development (60%):
- Initiate and deliver staff communications, network and
- Oversee and ensure all employees are properly, timely, and
accurately trained in technical areas.
- Providing timely and accurate feedback to both hourly and
exempt staff members.
- Developing employee talent, through regular meetings, goal
check-ins, development plans, etc.
- Administer year-end review process and compensation
- Assist in management of the recruiting process. (i.e. - phone
screens, interviews, offers, on-boarding)
- May support and conduct management training.
- Provide leadership to ensure donor retention, high customer
service levels, production monitoring and cost data.
- Operations Management (40%):
- Supervise the operations within the facility:
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and company
regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor
- Manage facility audit processes and help to resolve any related
issues that arise from the audit:
- Collaborating with Regional Manager and management team to
prepare for and host internal and external auditors.
- Ensuring timely response and closure to audit
- Perform analysis of related data to promote efficient
- Forecasting and attaining production and cost goals, while
assuring compliance with Shire, local and federal regulations.
- Resolve related facility issues and manage inquiries for
- May assist in center production issues.DIMENSIONS AND
ASPECTSTechnical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Minimum of three years' experience preferably in a medical or
other regulated field, or an equivalent com- bination of education
- Must have excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational
and technical skills.
- Ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop a team of
diverse individuals. Demonstrated ability to multi- task,
prioritize, and communicate with senior management.
- Requires weekend and extended work periods.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Consults center management teams to effectively problem solve,
ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional
- Coordinates with external vendors and contractors for building
maintenance and other contracted services.
- Authority to make hiring/separation decision regularly
(involuntary must collaborate with HR)Interaction
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees.
- Refers to Group/Regional management for guidance on high-impact
and/or sensitive decisions.
- Advises and counsels all staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns.
- Delivers performance and review feedback to all staff.
- Reports to Group Manager and/or Regional Operations
- May participate in the management of projects and new
initiatives within the center or across centers.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Requires ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
leaning, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting up
to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with donors, in person
and on the phone.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Potential exposures to blood borne pathogens
- Occasional travel. (Less than 10%)EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Essential: High School Diploma or
equivalent required.Desired: Associates or Bachelor's degree highly
- FLSA Classification (US) - Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsUSA - WI - JanesvilleWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Janesville , Plasma Center Manager, Executive , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!