Company: SHINE Technologies, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
SHINE is seeking an I&C Manager to work as part of the
Engineering management team to lead and develop a dynamic team of
engineers that are at the forefront of bringing new nuclear
technology to market. SHINE engineers are designing systems that
will help diagnose heart disease, treat cancer, and take us another
step closer to clean energy. Areas of responsibility for this team
include working with the team to determine control strategies,
design of control system hardware and software, instrument
selection, and work with procurement, vendors, and the construction
team to procure, install, and test the I&C equipment. In
addition, the team works with the licensing team to maintain the
accuracy of the I&C licensing basis. Duties and
Responsibilities: Specific duties and responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Select, develop, evaluate, and lead engineers who support the
design of new nuclear technology.
- Provide direction on the overall design, procurement, and
implementation strategies for SHINE facility I&C systems,
including safety and commercial control systems, and process and
radiation monitoring instrumentation.
- Develop and maintains the group budget and schedule,
maintaining a detailed plan to accurately predict milestones and
- Understand the core requirements of the SHINE facility design
and apply those necessary attributes of nuclear standards to
achieve a safe and cost-effective design.
- Review and act as the engineering approval authority for
I&C design documents, including functional requirements,
specifications, drawings, etc.
- Oversee the work of vendors and subcontractors providing design
or equipment in support of the SHINE facility, and oversee related
coordination, financial, and administrative functions necessary to
support this work.
- Work collaboratively with other SHINE engineering disciplines,
quality assurance, procurement, and vendors and subcontractors as
necessary to support the project technical goals and
- Support NRC and state licensing activities including answering
requests for additional information (RAIs), participating in audits
and public meetings, and presenting to NRC and ACRS as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering or related technical
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex engineering
- Ability to lead a team to find an optimized solution,
considering different viewpoints and priorities.
- Direct and open communication style, showing respect to all
individuals and their ideas.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff to perform at their
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities, prioritizing
them in a way that contributes most to Company success.
- Five or more years of management experience.
- Familiarity with nuclear industry design, operations, and
regulatory requirements. Eligibility for employment is conditioned
on the applicant's ability to qualify for access to information
subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant's
eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear
Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards
Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen,
fingerprinting and criminal background check. SHINE values
diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation,
which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE
community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers,
from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we
take for our actions. SHINE Technologies is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. PI186829471
Keywords: SHINE Technologies, LLC, Janesville , I&C Manager, Executive , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!