Plant Manager - Reefer (Evansville, WI)
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Job Purpose Direct and manage all plant operations with overall
responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, employee
relations, employee development, quality and other production
related activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage plant safety, production, maintenance,
quality, training and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through departmental managers to
insure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and
cost effective manner.
- Develop and control costs, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital,
operating expenditures, manpower, scrap, wages and salaries.
Position is accountable for the total outcomes of the
- Manage capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production
and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or
make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among
- Provide direction, development and leadership to production
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, and
accurate and highly productive manner according to company
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality product
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis.
Maintain appropriate attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Prepare formal communication to keep rest of company informed
on plant performance.
- Improvement projects.
- Employee relations (programs, meetings, etc.)
- Work and communicate in a team environment.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the Company. Above
is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions,
which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to
perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and
provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending
on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the
nature of the position, the position's essential functions and
other relevant factors. Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field and minimum of 7
years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing
- Lean Certifications or background
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement
programs and procedures required.
- Understand how people work together in a complex organization-
how to organize and get effective behavior from individuals in a
- Demonstrated experience as a mentor, leader, manager, planner,
trainer (i.e.: ability to sell goals of where the company is
- Experience with a health and safety management system (e.g.:
- Uncompromising, objective, able to follow and create policy,
aggressive, positive attitude, hard worker, motivated by
- Core Competencies:
- Excellent communication
- Leadership- able to instill confidence in others and earn their
respect. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Janesville , Plant Manager - Reefer (Evansville, WI), Executive , Edgerton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!