RN - RN-Stepdown/Critical Care Nights
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: July 31, 2022
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate employees like you. - -As an RN, you've chosen a
career where patients matter-a lot. -This position is scheduled 24
hours a week as a night shift. As an RN, you will assess and
intervene complex patient care needs and act as an advocate for
each patient. You may comfort patients and their families,
encourage patients to improve, and fulfill other roles as needed.
This position is scheduled for 30 hours a week as a night shift At
SSM Health, you can expect a work environment where: - -- Employees
feel valued, respected and free to express themselves; -- Each
employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents
toward a greater purpose; -- Teamwork and collaboration is
encouraged, while management is supportive. - If you're a patient
advocate first--- -If you listen and respond with great care--- -If
the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you--- -Then
we'd love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
-Join a network of healthcare professionals just as kind and
powerful as you.Provides direct nursing care in settings where
patients require complex assessments and intervention, in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patient's needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in
determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration
with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and
maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with
patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current
knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience required PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , RN - RN-Stepdown/Critical Care Nights, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!