RN-Women's Services - PRN1
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: May 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - JanesvilleWorker Type:PRN1Job Highlights:Join the SSM
Health Team and Fulfill Your Calling!Our CultureAt SSM Health, we
bring together and cultivate exceptional people. When our employees
thrive, so does our healing Mission.SSM Health is committed to
creating a partnership with employees. We ask our employees to
actively engage and participate in decisions that impact on their
work. We celebrate together and recognize those people who help us
deliver an exceptional experience.Position Specific Information
Minimum PRN Program Rate: $35 plus $ PRN differential; plus various
shift differentialsLocation: St. Mary's Hospital Janesville,
WisconsinSchedule: PRN scheduled on a as needed basis with a
minimum 2 shifts per monthQualification/Ideal candidate: A WI State
issued RN licensure and must have Women's Center/Labor and Delivery
experienceJob Summary:Manages women's services activities, workflow
and nursing resources.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Collects and analyzes pertinent health data to develop and
implement an individualized plan of care that includes
interventions and alternatives to attain expected, measurable
outcomes for women and newborns in the context of woman, newborn,
and family-centered care.
- Coordinates care delivery to promote woman-, newborn-, and
family-centered care within their scope of practice. Employs health
teaching strategies that promote, maintain, or restore health
within the context of a safe environment for woman, newborn,
- Evaluates the progress toward attainment of expected outcomes
in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
- Determines decisions and actions on behalf of women, fetuses,
and newborns in an ethical manner and guided by a sound framework
for ethical decision-making. Practices in a manner that is
congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles when
caring for women, newborns, and families.
- Communicates and collaborates with women, families, health care
providers, and the community in providing safe and holistic
- Serves as a role model, change agent, consultant, and mentor to
women, families, healthcare consumers, and other health care
professionals. Acquires and maintains knowledge and competencies
that reflect current evidence-based nursing practice for women,
newborns, and families.
- Generates or integrates evidence to identify, examine,
validate, and evaluate interprofessional -knowledge, theories, and
varied approaches in providing care to women and newborns.
Practices, evaluates, and, if indicated, implements new measures to
improve the quality of nursing practice for women and
- Evaluates their own nursing practice and participates in the
evaluation of others in relation to current evidence-based consumer
care information, professional practice standards and guidelines,
statutes, rules and regulations. Considers resource factors related
to safety, effectiveness, technological advances, and fiscal
responsibility when planning and delivering care to women and
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner when
planning and delivering care to women, newborns, and families.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to women's services nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
departments Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American
Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) -
American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:PRN / Per Diem Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:3700000026 Maternal/Child SrvsScheduled
Weekly Hours:0SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM
Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , RN-Women's Services - PRN1, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...