Company: SSM Health
Posted on: May 23, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - JanesvilleWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:Join the SSM
Health Team and Fulfill Your Calling!Our CultureAt SSM Health, we
bring together and cultivate exceptional people. When our employees
thrive, so does our healing Mission.SSM Health is committed to
creating a partnership with employees. We ask our employees to
actively engage and participate in decisions that impact on their
work. We celebrate together and recognize those people who help us
deliver an exceptional experience. -Our Opportunities SSM Health
offers competitive compensation. In addition, relevant work
experience will be factored into your offer. Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Income based medical insurance premium discounts
- HSA/FSA options
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO
- 403b/401k retirement plans
- Daily Pay options available!Position Specific Information
Minimum Start (if entry level): - $31.70, plus shift
differentialsLocation: St. Mary's Hospital3400 E. Racine
St.Janesville, WI 5354Schedule: Variable shifts can start from
6-8am work 8 hour shifts; every 5th night and 5th weekend. On-Call
requirements of 30 min responds time.Qualification/Ideal candidate:
Ambulatory Surgery experience highly preferred6Job
Summary:Assesses, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates
nursing care for surgical patients.Job Responsibilities and
- Accepts patient care assignments as directed. Communicates with
clinical area team members appropriately. Correctly conducts all
appropriate nursing aspects of patient assessment while using
subjective and objective data.
- Communicates effectively with patients to assess their
knowledge of surgical/invasive procedure(s) and expectations.
Adheres to universal protocol.
- Involves patient/significant others in their plan of care,
education, discharge planning, and prioritization of needs.
Utilizes available teaching resources as appropriate, and
identifies/refers patients/families as appropriate.
- Plans for patient care and/or intervenes by demonstrating basic
nursing skills, observing and accurately documenting patient's
response to nursing care, utilizing available teaching resources as
appropriate, maintaining a safe environment.
- Evaluates care by conducting ongoing assessments to identify
effectiveness of interventions, performing post-op calls following
surgical procedures, and analyzing verbal responses from patient
and family during hospitalization.
- Makes competent clinical decisions and displays the ability to
know when to involve management or other team members. Assists in
all areas of surgical services as needed.
- Provides information to the physician related to changes in the
conditions of patients in a timely manner. Documents the care given
to patients and their response to care in a timely manner.
- Correctly and efficiently administers medications, treatments,
and nursing interventions as per hospital policy.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to surgical nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Registered
Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State
LicenseWork Shift:Variable Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:4418000026 Day Care SurgeryScheduled Weekly
Hours:36SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , RN-Ambulatory Surgery, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...