Health Service Specialist - CNA/CMA - Mid Shift - Located in Rockford, IL
Company: Rosecrance Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2023
This position qualifies for a $1,000 sign-on bonus that is paid
out within your first 9 months! About Us: Leaders in recovery.
Champions of hope. Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit
organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance
use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults,
and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and
Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative,
multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach. Since 1916, our
unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a
source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a
roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance
served nearly 50,000 clients last year. Position Purpose: This is
an entry level clinical position working in the addiction field.
Directly supervise addicted clients. Provide continuity of program
services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and
therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and
accreditation standards. Provide direct counseling services
including individual, case management, group and lecture activities
on a daily basis. Participate as a team member in the delivery of
addictions treatment services to clients and their families and to
facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living
situations. This position is a great way to gain experience in the
substance abuse field with an opportunity for continuing education
by obtaining the Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor certificate
(CADC). Job Requirements: --- High School Diploma or GED--- Minimum
CNA, CMA or EMT certification or currently in enrolled in program
for RN or LPN.--- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid
training complete within three months--- Skilled in behavioral
management techniques--- Ability to lead discussion and educational
presentations--- Valid Illinois driver's license Essential
- Work hours prescribed by Nursing Manager and be available to
work additional hours when necessary. Overtime may be required
- Assist with client admissions and discharges as directed.
- Verify admissions medications at admission with client's
physician or pharmacy
- Conduct client health history/assessment and report to nurse
prior to admission.
- Transcribe orders.
- Assist with vital signs assessments.
- Assist with withdrawal screens as directed by the nurse.
- Provide follow up communication to clients with ongoing medical
- May participate in client rounds on the Unit(s) assigned.
- Monitor and document client's response to medication and report
any notable response immediately.
- Act as an advocate for all clients and report all
physical/psychological concerns to the medical and clinical
- Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide
appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
- Facilitate communication between clinical and medical
- Provide client education in individual and group settings on
topics including: medications, physical health, mental health and
alcohol and substance abuse issues.
- Document client's progress in the individualized Medical
Treatment Plan for designated clients.
- Schedule client follow up medical appointments and coordinate
transportation if necessary to outside providers.
- Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of
previous shifts, counselors, staff, etc.
- Attend all scheduled meetings of staff, such as nursing
meetings, department meetings, or appropriate committee meetings as
- Assume any additional responsibilities as assigned. Job Type:
Full-time Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting pay HS/GED - $15.43/hr
- Starting pay Associates - $16.37/hr
- Starting pay Bachelors - $17.25/hr
- Additional $.50/hr with CADC certification Schedule:
- Friday-Monday 10am-8:30pm Benefits:
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym Work Location:
Rosecrance Harrison Campus - Rockford, IL Rosecrance is an equal
opportunity employer. EEO is the Law: Behaviors Preferred
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
integrity Motivations Preferred
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Rosecrance Inc., Janesville , Health Service Specialist - CNA/CMA - Mid Shift - Located in Rockford, IL, Healthcare , Clinton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!