Physician -Hospitalist-St. Mary's Janesville
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health Dean Medical Group Janesville
SSM Health Dean Medical Group is actively recruiting a full-time
Hospitalist to join our St. Mary's Hospital Janesville location.
Janesville is conveniently located between Madison, Chicago, and
Milwaukee. This position offers 9 hour rounding shifts
Monday-Friday (7am-4pm), 12 hours Saturday-Sunday (7am-7pm) and
overnight (7pm-7am), and an 8 hour admitting shift (11am-7pm).
Guaranteed salary with lucrative compensation schedule including
overnight premiums for those who are interested in some overnight
shifts (not required). Join a robust team of skilled Hospitalists
across our region delivering first class care resulting in top tier
patient satisfaction scores.
On average, each Hospitalist will expect to work 200 shifts per
year seeing 10-16 patients with 0-2 admissions per shift.
Specialist consults available.
SSM Dean Medical Group opened a new medical clinic and 50-bed
hospital in January 2012. It is a state-of-the-art facility and is
located at the intersection of Highways 90 and 11 on the southern
outskirts of Janesville. SSM St. Mary's Janesville Hospital has a
24/7 Hospitalist program in place. The hospital is linked to an
e-ICU program that is based in St. Louis. SSM St. Mary's Janesville
Hospital is part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that
has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
A mid-sized city of 60,000 people, Janesville residents enjoy their
beautiful, family-oriented community for its excellent schools and
abundant recreational opportunities. Residents enjoy a plentiful
array of golfing, hiking, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and
other outdoor activities. Janesville is conveniently located
between Madison, Chicago, and Milwaukee.
SSM Health Dean Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, or national origin.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical
decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking
engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Variable Shift (United States of America)
6230530164 St Marys Hosp Hospitalist
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , Physician -Hospitalist-St. Mary's Janesville, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!