Physical Therapist, PT - Elmhurst
Company: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice
Posted on: October 16, 2018
Residential Home Health is a national leader of home care in both Michigan and Illinois and is ranked among the top home health companies in the United States for helping patients live better, recover faster, experience a higher quality of life and remain independent at home. View all of our openings at https://www.residentialhealthcaregroup.com/careers/job-openings/
Residential is hiring a full-time Physical Therapist to service patients in the Elmhurst, Bensenville, Villa Park, Northlake, Hillside areas.
WHY WORK AT RESIDENTIAL?
Competitive compensation and benefits
- Company vehicle program for full-time employees
- HomeCare Elite agency
- 1:1 patient care
- Partner to Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare providing all home care services to their patient population
- Limited weekend/holiday requirements and no mandatory on-call
SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist is a qualified professional therapist who directs, supervises, evaluates, and provides Physical Therapy services to patients in the home as ordered by the attending physician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Perform Physical Therapy assessments of patient functioning levels, plan short and long term goals toward improving/restoring independence and physical/cognitive functioning; and implements developed treatment programs, approved by the attending physician.
- Apply diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Treat patients to relieve pain and/or restore function to maintain maximum performance.
- Make arrangements for outpatient services, which cannot be given in the home.
- Record and reports to the physician the patients reaction to treatment and/or any changes of the patients condition.
- Instruct patients and their families in the use of prosthetic, orthotic, and assistive devices (canes, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.) and other therapy needed.
- Supervise the physical therapy assistant, and, when appropriate the home health aide.
- Prepare periodic reports, as required by the Agency, which are sent to the physician and third party payers regarding care being provided.
- Participate in in-service, case conferences, staff meetings and Agency development activities as required.
- Maintain and updates professional competency through in-service attendance and similar professional resources.
- Prepare an assessment of the patients condition and periodic evaluations and summaries, develops a plan of care and problem list, and writes clinical/progress notes on the date of the visit and incorporates same in the patient record no less than weekly.
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the physicians Plan of Care.
- Maintain adequate clinical and progress notes and submits all required paperwork in a timely manner according to Agency policy.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of providing physical therapy services, such as ambulating patients, transferring patients, assisting with exercises, etc.
- Must be able to transfer patient as needed according to proper techniques of body mechanics to promote patient and staff safety and well being.
- Must be able to use good and sound clinical judgment.
- Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
- Must follow up as needed and appropriately with doctors office, RHH clinical and management staff pertaining to any concerns regarding patient care.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy school approved by the American Physical Therapy Association; or The Council of Medical Education of the A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association; or The Council on Medical Education of Hospitals for the American Medical Association.
- Must hold, in good standing, a license/registration as a Physical Therapist, issued by the State of Illinois.
- CPR certified.
- A minimum of one (1) year of institutional experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver's License, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile. Must have and maintain in good standing professional license, certificate or registration.
Keywords: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice, Janesville , Physical Therapist, PT - Elmhurst, Healthcare , Elmhurst, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!