LPN Home Health and Hospice MF
Company: Continuum Medical Staffing
Posted on: November 4, 2018
Home Health opening in Janesville, Wisconsin. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com The purpose of positions in this classification is to perform a combination of skilled nursing tasks when performing in the capacity of a Licensed Practical Nurse and paraprofessional nursing tasks when performing in the capacity of a Home Health Aide.Individuals in this classification work under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and Home Care Clinical Manager. Individuals in this classification perform duties within the LPN scope of licensure in accordance with the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing Standards.
Job Responsibilities: This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Skilled Nursing Duties:
• Travels to patient residences and facilities to provide skilled nursing care within licensure, level of competency, and the established hospice plan of care to promote patient comfort.
• Completes tasks as delegated by Registered Nurse and in accordance with completed competency(ies), including, but not limited to: basic INR's, venipunctures, IV peripheral line discontinuation and wound vacs.
• Observes patient's condition and assists in the collection of patient data such as vital signs including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration symptoms, and any change of condition. Reports on patient status including respiratory, neurological, cardiac, musculoskeletal, gastrointestinal, and other systems to the registered nurse.
• Documents visit notes, treatments, and care. Records and reports symptoms and changes in patient's condition to the RN Case Manager, and Home Care Clinical Manager as appropriate.
• Enters physician orders into notes section of charting and follows up with RN Case Manager.
• Records and reports changes in the patient's condition, adverse reactions to medications, pain levels, and concerns to registered nurse. • Assists with the development and revisions of a nursing plan of care (POC) for patients.
• Participates in the interdisciplinary group (IDG) meetings. Assists the care team in developing and meeting patient goals.
• Reinforces the information, instruction and education provided to the patient, patient family members and caregivers by the registered nurse.
• Provides basic health instruction to patients.
Paraprofessional Nursing Duties:
• Performs patient positioning, patient transfers, patient ambulation, and range of motion (ROM). Ensures for patient safety in getting up and out of bed through proper utilization of medical equipment such as hoyer lifts, gait belts, ez stands, walkers, wheelchairs, etc. Reinforces home exercise program set by therapists as ordered.
• Assists patient with personal care tasks including assisting with bathing, dressing, toileting and grooming including shaving, skin care, hair care, nail care, and oral hygiene needs. Performs catheter, ostomy, and incontinent cares.
• Interacts with patients, family members and others. Listens to patients and families questions and concerns and responds in a timely manner. Communicates any patient concerns to the registered nurse.
• Performs general housekeeping duties such as making the bed, changing bed linens and cleaning the bath tub and bath area.
• Makes meals and/or assists in meal preparation as directed. Provides fluids and snacks as ordered.
• Ensures for the accurate and timely completion of patient documentation in accordance with established procedures. Completes Clinical notes and submits per policy and procedure.
• Attends safety training sessions and ensures for compliance with safety rules and procedures. Assists in ensuring for patient safety. Identifies and notifies the registered nurse and Patient Care Manager of potential safety hazards involving the patient. Reports any work-related accidents and injuries in a timely manner. Complies with the procedures for documenting and submitting leave and light duty time.
Continuum Medical Staffing
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
406 417 Keyphrases: home health nurse jobs, home health nursing jobs, home health aide jobs, home care nursing jobs, home care nurse jobs, home care aide jobs
Keywords: Continuum Medical Staffing, Janesville , LPN Home Health and Hospice MF, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!