RN - Pre/Post-Day Care Surgery
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: December 1, 2018
Under the direction of the Director - Surgical, Maternal and Child Services, assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and supervises individual patient care according to unit policies and procedures. Accepts responsibility for direction of co-workers in the implementation of care plans.
- Completes the initial nursing assessment of pediatric and adult medical/surgical patients and documents this assessment in the patient record.
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments and patient responses according to standards of care for pediatric and adult medical/surgical patients.
- Develops a plan of care based upon the initial and ongoing assessments of the patient.
- Completes and documents patient education regarding pre/post procedure routine, medication, diet, equipment use and healthy lifestyles.
- Communicates directly with the patient's physician and/or anesthesia provider regarding patient status, treatment plans and discharge plans.
- Communicates with and cooperatively works with other multidisciplinary team members in all aspect of the patient's care, education and discharge planning.
- Communicates current patient status and plan of care with outside referral agencies as needed.
- Administers medications to the pediatric and adult surgical patient, following medication administration guidelines. These may include IV, IM, SQ, oral, rectal and topical routes.
- Demonstrates competency in using the following equipment. Machines or pumps used with IV and medication infusion, glucose monitoring, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, oxygen saturation and administration, physical assisted devices, patient transfers and computer/patient call systems.
- Contributes as an effective team member. Participates in productive/problem solving dialogue (i.e., offers and/or seeks solutions to issues). Recognizes and supports change.
- Provides colleague support in recovery room and endoscopy. Maintain competencies in all areas.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license granted by the State of Wisconsin. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within 2 months of hire date.
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a hospital setting.
St. Mary's Janesville Hospital
Our $150 million community medical campus opened in 2012 to provide a full range of health services for Janesville and the surrounding communities in Rock County. The campus includes a 50-bed hospital St. Mary's Janesville Hospital and our adjacent Dean Clinic Janesville East location, which offers exceptional primary and specialty care on one central complex. Our 165,000-square-foot hospital has all private rooms, a healing garden and award-winning emergency and obstetrics departments.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , RN - Pre/Post-Day Care Surgery, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!