RN - Medical Surgical
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: December 1, 2018
Under the direction of the Director - Medical, Surgical and ICU, utilizes the nursing process to identify patient needs then systematically plans and implements a plan of care with continual evaluation.
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance as defined at St. Marys Hospital using the conceptual framework for nursing practice as a guide. Assumes responsibility and accountability for own professional practice, continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-service, staff meetings). Seeks learning opportunities.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers. Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel and/or performs preceptor role. Supports the activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues.
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop a care plan and deliver patient care. Advocates for patient/family throughout the nursing process. Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by LPN and NA. Delegates work appropriately.
- Follows hospital/unit directives; e.g. standards, policies, procedures, protocols. Assumes responsibility for equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize personal values and beliefs and recognize own beliefs and values as separate from the patient situation.
- Supports activities of colleagues. Participates in unit and/or housewide quality improvement measures. Contributes as an effective team member. Participates in productive/problem solving dialogue (i.e., offers and/or seeks solutions to issues). Recognizes and supports change.
- Uses best practice based on literature outcomes, integrates into care provisions and decision making. Completes documentation according to unit/hospital standards.
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients. Communicates effectively with customers.
- Performs charge nurse role. Communicates with Nursing Supervisor at charge nurse meeting each shift and as unit needs dictate. Assigns and reassigns personnel according to dynamics of unit to maintain a balanced workload for current shifts. In collaboration with the Nursing Supervisor, assesses status of unit, making sure current and following shifts are adequately covered.
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively. Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT minimal or nonexistent.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN).
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license granted by the State of Wisconsin.
- Previous critical care nursing experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within six months of date of hire.
- Provides care to medical patients who are critically ill including, but not limited to: unstable angina, serious cardiac rhythm disturbances, acute pulmonary embolism, acute respiratory failure, acute endocrine disorders, acute medical illness (shock, sepsis, GI bleed, drug overdose, alcohol withdrawal). Provide care to surgical patients who are critically ill including, but not limited to: carotid endarterectomy, general surgery and thoracic surgery. Meets and/or maintains competencies appropriate to the department.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , RN - Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!