RN - Clinical Educator
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: December 6, 2018
Description Role Purpose: Works as part of entity, market and system teams to develop and deliver education to identified audiences. Works with assigned customer groups to meet education needs. Builds collaborative relationships with assigned customer groups.Works with assigned clinical specialty line team of clinical educators to meet the education needs of the specialty. Facilitates the adult learning process, creating a climate which supports learning. Works closely with new hires and current staff within assigned locations to meet learning needs. This position is for the SSM Health - St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville. Responsibilities:
- Facilitates delivery of education materials developed at system level to assigned customer groups.
- Develops and deliver educational information for assigned education groups; includes facilitating vendor rounding when appropriate.
- Collaborates with other members of System Education team to minimize duplication of efforts.
- Serves as a consistent communication link between system education and assigned customer groups; find balance in communication methods to find the best fit.
- Serves on entity, regional and system teams as appropriate in role of educator.
- Serves as a best practice resource regarding training and development.
- Supports the integration of research into practice.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of effectiveness of assigned education programs.
- Serves as resource to preceptors in assigned areas, collaborating on new hires.
- Communicates to and collaborates with leaders in assigned areas regarding education and training needs of new hires. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required
- 3-5 years of experience working as frontline health care worker
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ever-changing, fast paced environment and to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to design and deliver training curriculum
- Adult Education experience and experience developing curriculum and training materials
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and possess excellent relationship building skills
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office products including, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters Degree preferred
- Certification/licensure/registration for specific role of expertise i.e. RN, Pharmacist, Respiratory Therapist etc. preferred About SSM Health - System Office: SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. Benefits Statement: Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more. Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , RN - Clinical Educator, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!