RN - Emergency Services
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Role Purpose: Under the direction of the Director - Emergency Services, utilizes the nursing process to identify patient needs, systematically plan and implement a plan of care and continually evaluate the results. Responsibilities:
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance as defined at St. Marys Hospital using the conceptual framework for nursing practice as a guide. Assumes responsibility and accountability for own professional practice, continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-service, staff meetings). Seeks learning opportunities.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers. Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel. Supports the activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues.
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop a care plan and deliver patient care. Advocates for patient/family throughout the nursing process. Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by EST. Delegates work appropriately.
- Follows hospital/unit directives; e.g. standards, policies, procedures, protocols. Assumes responsibility for equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize personal values and beliefs and recognize own beliefs and values as separate from the patient situation.
- Supports activities of colleagues. Participates in unit and/or house wide quality improvement measures. Contributes as an effective team member. Participates in productive/problem solving dialogue (i.e., offers and/or seeks solutions to issues). Recognizes and supports change.
- Uses best practice based on literature outcomes, integrates into care provisions and decision making. Completes documentation according to unit/hospital standards.
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients. Communicates effectively with customers.
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively. Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT minimal or nonexistent.
- Performs triage nurse role. Assigns emergency severity index based upon triage assessment. Performs basic interventions. Performs ongoing assessments on patients awaiting assignment to a primary nurse. Facilitates entry into emergency care delivery system.
- Performs other duties as requested. Minimum Requirements:
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) required
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license granted by the State of Wisconsin
- A minimum of 2 years of Emergency Services Nursing experience
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Advanced Certified Life Support (ACLS) Certification, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification and National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within six months of date of hire. Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred Physical Requirements: Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation. Department Specific: Provides care to of all ages who are injured, acutely ill or sub acutely ill. Diagnoses include, but are not limited to: Trauma, Cardiovascular disorders, Pulmonary disorders, Neurological disorders, Gynecological disorders, ENT disorders, Pediatric illnesses and injuries.
St. Mary's Janesville Hospital Our $150 million community medical campus opened in 2012 to provide a full range of health services for Janesville and the surrounding communities in Rock County. The campus includes a 50-bed hospital St. Mary's Janesville Hospital and our adjacent Dean Clinic Janesville East location, which offers exceptional primary and specialty care on one central complex. Our 165,000-square-foot hospital has all private rooms, a healing garden and award-winning emergency and obstetrics departments.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , RN - Emergency Services, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!