CNA - Medical-Surgical
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Posted on: July 6, 2019
Under the direction of the Director - Medical/Surgical and ICU and
clinical supervision of the Registered Nurse, functions as a member
of the health care team to provide care for patients. -- Principle
Duties, Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance
as defined at St. Mary's Hospital using the conceptual framework
for nursing practice as a guide. ------
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for own practice,
continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-services,
CPR, staff meetings). ------
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers.
Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel. Supports the
activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues. ------
- Provides patient care and performs other duties under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse. Completes documentation
according to unit/hospital standards. ------
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients.
Communicates effectively with customers. ------
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively.
Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT
minimal or nonexistent. ------
- Performs Unit Secretary role which includes skill and
professionalism in the use of the phone, maintaining, organizing
and updating communication to assure optimal delivery of patient
care and accurately enters/retrieves patient information using
computer. -- ----
- Performs Unit Assistant role which includes assisting with
transfer, transporting and discharging of patients, ordering and
stocking of supplies, cleans and returns used equipment to
appropriate departments, performs messenger service and delivers
equipment to the unit. -- ----
- Performs other duties as requested.----
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Wisconsin Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) experience--
- Effectively train in Unit Secretary and Telemetry Monitor roles
Physical Requirements: -- Employees in this position are, or can
be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation. Department Specific: Demonstrates the ability to carry
out delegated nursing care procedures. Practices within the scope
of care consistent with the CNA role.----Demonstrate the ability to
deal in a courteous and respectful manner with all people. General
familiarity with hospital routines, medical terminology, and
completed date entry.--Champion of patient safety in partnerships
with all unit employees. Appropriately seeks clarification of job
duties with understanding that reporting information and concerns
directly to delegating staff is a core accountability.
St. Mary's Janesville Hospital --- -- Our $150 million community
medical campus opened in 2012 to provide a full range of health
services for Janesville and the surrounding communities in Rock
County. The campus includes a 50-bed hospital --- St. Mary's
Janesville Hospital --- and our adjacent Dean Clinic --- Janesville
East location, which offers exceptional primary and specialty care
on one central complex. Our 165,000-square-foot hospital has all
private rooms, a healing garden and award-winning emergency and
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville, Janesville , CNA - Medical-Surgical, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!