RN Oncology/Infusion-DMG Janesville-FT Days
Company: SSM Health Dean Medical Group
Posted on: July 13, 2019
The Oncology RN, under the supervision and direction of the
Clinical Manager, and in complimentary, collaborative association
with the physician, provides primary care to the oncology patient
and family, including assessment, counseling and education. May be
required to travel to sites where needed.
1. Identifies self as a Registered nurse in all professional
encounters. Models a high quality of professional nursing at all
2. Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning,
intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
3. Performs or assists with department procedures.
4. Demonstrates and understands sterile and aseptic techniques.
Uses appropriate techniques in setting up and assisting with
5. Completes laboratory and medical imaging requisitions, assists
in the scheduling of procedures.
6. Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results
bringing significant values to the provider's attention. Has
knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related
to patient care.
7. Takes a leadership role in the facilitation of department
8. Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and
understands administration techniques. Recognizes the implications
of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of
administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses
knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication
9. Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care:
a. Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and
accuracy (i.e. Using direct symptom related questions - keeping
b. Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and
c. Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, protocols,
and standing orders.
10. Documents appropriate information in patient's medical
11. Respects and maintains confidentiality of all patient
12. Cleans, prepares, and autoclaves equipment and instruments in
preparation for sterilization per infection control policies and
13. Establishes teaching protocols for patient education, family
counseling, and general public information.
14. Conforms to all Dean policies and procedures.
15. Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as
needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and
16. Attends in-services and continuing education program. Attends
and participates in department staff meetings.
17. Assess patient status to determine need for treatment or
intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using
emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct
supervision of a medical provider.
18. Provides leadership in staff education and training.
19. Participates in quality improvement activities.
20. Has an understanding of rational behind Dean policies and
procedures and acts as a resource to other personnel.
21. Identifies, plans and implements oncology patient's care,
including physical, emotional and psychological aspects of
22. Manages chemotherapy treatments for stabilized patients, paying
close attention to blood counts and other side effects, referring
to physician when necessary.
23. Provides assessments and case management for patients and their
support system throughout the physical and psychological stages of
illness. Identifies and facilitates referrals to other agencies or
24. Serves as a resource for clinic and hospital personnel for
nursing management of oncological problems. Works cooperatively
between hospital, hospice and other services to bridge continuance
of providing correspondence.
1. Registered Nurse
2. Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered at
the conclusion of the onboarding program.
3. Previous completion of Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy
Biotherapy course - Fundamentals of Administration or completion
within 18 months of employment with SSM Health Dean Medical Group
Oncology and/or Infusion departments.
4. Demonstrates a high level of confidence and self-assurance when
responding to critical patient care situations.
1. Previous Oncology and/or Infusion experience
2. Oncology Nursing Society Certification and/or Infusion
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods and to move quickly
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
4. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with
instruments, taking blood pressures and performing other patient
care tasks, writing, computer or phone tasks.
5. Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds and to push/pull up to
100 pounds when working with equipment, pushing wheelchairs or
assisting with patient handling tasks.
6. Ability to bend/twist and crouch when performing various job
7. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment when working with bloodborne pathogens or other
8. Depending on location assigned, may need to be able to safely
drive a person vehicle on a weekly or daily basis.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more
than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500
physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the
clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations.
Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates
outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in
Keywords: SSM Health Dean Medical Group, Janesville , RN Oncology/Infusion-DMG Janesville-FT Days, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!