RN - ICU
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Role Purpose:?Under the direction of the Director - Medical,
Surgical and ICU, utilizes the nursing process to identify patient
needs then systematically plans and implements a plan of care with
continual evaluation.?Role Responsibilities: ? ? ??
- Fosters, participates, and is knowledgeable in Shared
Governance as defined at St. Mary's Hospital using the conceptual
framework for nursing practice as a guide. Assumes responsibility
and accountability for own professional practice, continuing
education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-service, staff
meetings). Seeks learning opportunities.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers.
Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel and/or performs
preceptor role. Supports the activities, decisions, and initiative
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop a care plan and deliver
patient care. Advocates for patient/family throughout the nursing
process. Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises cared
delivered by LPN and CNA. Delegates work appropriately.
- Follows hospital/unit directives; e.g. standards, policies,
procedures, protocols. Assumes responsibility for equipment
operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize personal values and beliefs
and recognize own belief and values as separate from the patient
- Supports activities of colleagues. Participates in unit and/or
housewide quality improvement measures. Contributes as an effective
team member. Participates in productive/problem solving dialogue
(i.e., offers and/or seeks solutions to issues). Recognizes and
- Uses best practice based on literature outcomes, integrates
into care provisions and decision making. Completes documentation
according to unit/hospital standards.
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients.
Communicates effectively with customers.
- Performs charge nurse role. Communicates with Nursing
Supervisor during meetings, each shift, and as unit needs dictate.
Assigns and reassigns personnel according to dynamics of unit to
maintain a balanced workload for current shifts. In collaboration
with the Nursing Supervisors, assesses status of unit, making sure
current and following shifts are adequately covered.
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively.
Completes work within required shit, i.e., end of shift; OT minimal
- Performs other duties as assigned.? ?Minimum Requirements:
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) required
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license granted by the State of
- Previous critical care nursing experience
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification within 4
months of date of hirePreferred Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred?Physical
Requirements:?Employees in this position are, or can be, required
to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation.Department Specific:Provides care to medical patients who
are critically ill including, but not limited to: unstable angina,
serious cardiac rhythm disturbances, acute pulmonary embolism,
acute respiratory failure, acute endocrine disorders, acute medical
illness (shock, sepsis, GI bleed, drug overdose, alcohol
withdrawal). Provide care to surgical patients who are critically
ill including, but not limited to: carotid endarterectomy, general
surgery and thoracic surgery. Meets and/or maintains competencies
appropriate to the department.
St. Mary's Janesville Hospital ??Our $150 million community medical
campus opened in 2012 to provide a full range of health services
for Janesville and the surrounding communities in Rock County. The
campus includes a 50-bed hospital ? St. Mary's Janesville Hospital
? and our adjacent Dean Clinic ? Janesville East location, which
offers exceptional primary and specialty care on one central
complex. Our 165,000-square-foot hospital has all private rooms, a
healing garden and award-winning emergency and obstetrics
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville, Janesville , RN - ICU, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!