CNA - Medical Surgical
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Posted on: December 1, 2019
Under the direction of the Director - Medical/Surgical and ICU and
clinical supervision of the Registered Nurse, functions as a member
of the health care team to provide care for
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance
as defined at St. Mary's Hospital using the conceptual framework
for nursing practice as a guide. ???
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for own practice,
continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-services,
CPR, staff meetings). ???
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers.
Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel. Supports the
activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues. ???
- Provides patient care and performs other duties under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse. Completes documentation
according to unit/hospital standards. ???
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients.
Communicates effectively with customers. ???
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively.
Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT
minimal or nonexistent. ???
- Performs Unit Secretary role which includes skill and
professionalism in the use of the phone, maintaining, organizing
and updating communication to assure optimal delivery of patient
care and accurately enters/retrieves patient information using
computer. ? ??
- Performs Unit Assistant role which includes assisting with
transfer, transporting and discharging of patients, ordering and
stocking of supplies, cleans and returns used equipment to
appropriate departments, performs messenger service and delivers
equipment to the unit. ? ??
- Performs other duties as requested.??
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Wisconsin Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) experience?
- Effectively train in Unit Secretary and Telemetry Monitor
rolesPhysical Requirements:?Employees in this position are, or can
be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
Demonstrates the ability to carry out delegated nursing care
procedures. Practices within the scope of care consistent with the
CNA role.??Demonstrate the ability to deal in a courteous and
respectful manner with all people. General familiarity with
hospital routines, medical terminology, and completed date
entry.?Champion of patient safety in partnerships with all unit
employees. Appropriately seeks clarification of job duties with
understanding that reporting information and concerns directly to
delegating staff is a core accountability.
St. Mary's Janesville Hospital ??Our $150 million community medical
campus opened in 2012 to provide a full range of health services
for Janesville and the surrounding communities in Rock County. The
campus includes a 50-bed hospital ? St. Mary's Janesville Hospital
? and our adjacent Dean Clinic ? Janesville East location, which
offers exceptional primary and specialty care on one central
complex. Our 165,000-square-foot hospital has all private rooms, a
healing garden and award-winning emergency and obstetrics
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville, Janesville , CNA - Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!