Wholesale/Retail Feed Division Managerial Trainee
Company: The DeLong Co., Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Wholesale/Retail Feed Division Managerial Trainee:
Overseeing and managing the operations related to the wholesale and
retail distribution of grain and feed products. This role involves
a wide range of responsibilities, including strategic planning,
sales and marketing, inventory management, team leadership, and
customer relations. As a Wholesale/Retail Feed Division Manager,
you play a crucial role in driving the success of the division and
contributing to the company's overall performance in the
agriculture and feed industry. Effective management, strong
leadership, and a customer-centric approach are key attributes
required to excel in this role.
Location: Clinton, WI
- The DeLong Co., Inc. offers affordable Medical, Dental, Vision,
Rx and Life insurance coverage.
- 401k with matching, FSA and Dependent Care Accounts
- Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life and Voluntary Long-Term
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Sales Management
- Hold full accountability for driving the overall sales
performance of the wholesale/feed division.
- Skillfully manage a diverse and results-oriented sales force,
comprising three outside sales representatives, inside sales for
wholesale, and house account sales/contacts.
- Spearhead strategic feed procurement initiatives, optimizing
inputs for manufactures feeds and bird feeds.
- Develop and nurture valuable partnerships with specialty feed
suppliers, ensuring consistent high-quality supplies.
- Manage salt purchasing and efficiently coordinate salt
- Operations Management
- Provide decisive leadership to department supervisors, guiding
and aligning teams towards operational excellence.
- Ensure seamless oversight of manufacturing processes,
distributions, and truck routing for efficient logistics.
- Division Financial Responsibilities
- Efficiently manage account receivables, assuring timely
payments and minimizing outstanding balances
- Demonstrate astute financial acumen, achieving sustained
division profitability through informed decision-making.
- Conduct professional correspondence with stakeholders,
fostering strong and collaborative business relationships.
- Regularly present comprehensive divisional performance repots
to the Board of Directors.
Education, Certification and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, agricultural related field preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Required- Effective communication, conflict management and
interpersonal skills to address any and all issues.
- Required- Proficiency with office programs including Office
365, specifically Excel, and pricing programs.
- Required- Basic understanding of animal nutrition, fertilizers,
and forage and turf grasses.
- Required- Knowledge of agricultural marketing concepts,
regional logistics and profit/loss statements.
- Required- Two years successful office and warehouse operation
- Required- Two years' experience in agricultural wholesale
- Required- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Preferred- Five years' experience in agricultural wholesale
- Preferred- Five years warehouse management experience.
- Preferred- Two years job experience in the sales field,
- Ability to sit at a desk for 6-8 hours a day.
- Ability to lift 30-60lbs as needed.
- Valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
- Flexibility to work beyond 40 hours a week as needed.
The DeLong Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The DeLong Co.,
Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities.
Keywords: The DeLong Co., Inc., Janesville , Wholesale/Retail Feed Division Managerial Trainee, Hospitality & Tourism , Clinton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!