New Membership Recruitment Specialist
Company: Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Badgerland
Posted on: March 16, 2019
New Membership Recruitment Specialist-Full Time
Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland is looking for a champion for the mission of Girl Scouts who is a strong communicator and has a deep desire for more women and girls to get involved with Girl Scouts. The successful candidate will be results-driven, and motivated to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting, with an intentional focus on reaching underrepresented communities through outreach and partnership efforts.
The New Membership Recruitment Specialist positions are part of a team of staff focused on growing and supporting Girl Scout Membership throughout the Badgerland Girl Scout Council region. The position would be responsible for recruiting new members throughout Dane, Jefferson, Rock, and Walworth County and could be located in the Madison office.
We are seeking a diverse pool of candidates and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates bilingual in Spanish and English are encouraged to apply.
Full time with generous benefit package. Learn more and apply today!
Email cover letter and resume to Kathy, Director of Human Resources at ">
Candidates who apply on or before February 28, 2019 will be given priority consideration.
Girl Scouts of WI-Badgerland Council
The Girl Scouts of Wisconsin - Badgerland Council provides programming, training, and support to more than 10,000 Girl Scout members in 24 counties in Wisconsin, Houston County, Minnesota and Allamakee County, Iowa. The Council's strategic priority is reaching girls and adults throughout the region and expanding the reach of the premier girl leadership program. We want every girl to have the opportunity to experience the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
The Council includes volunteers, adult and girl members, and paid-staff working together to bring the preeminent leadership program for girls to our communities. This includes recruitment efforts, troop leader and family engagement training and support, Girl Scout Leadership programming and activities, and the iconic Cookie Program: the largest girl-led business in the world!
Organizational Core Competencies
- Diversity & Equity Advocate: Passionate about creating and supporting diverse, equitable, and inclusive spaces in the Girl Scout community. Strong intercultural communication skills; deeply values diverse thoughts and perspectives and the positive outcomes when all voices are heard and integrated equitably.
- Innovative Solution Seeker: Creatively and critically exploring opportunities and challenges with an eye to solutions and forward-moving actions.
- Emotionally Intelligent: Personal awareness, self-control, and appropriate emotional expression; ability to build and steward interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- Gumption & Drive: Through initiative and resourcefulness, set and reach ambitious goals; Results-driven and self-motivated.
- Collaborative & Open to Learn : Works effectively in teams and inter-departmentally to move the mission forward; responds positively to constructive feedback and seeks learning and growth opportunities Badgerland Council team members (volunteers and paid-staff) are motivated by our mission and live out the Girl Scouts Promise and Law. We believe in the values of honesty, integrity, courage, equity, and inclusivity and strive to make the world a better place, every day.
The New Membership Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting through a variety of in-person meetings, presentations, and networking with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based institutions and other community constituents. The New Membership Recruitment Specialist is responsible for recruiting girl and adult volunteer members and community partnerships through community cultivation, lead generation, and follow-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Achieve the Council's goals for girl and adult membership through developing and implementing membership strategies. The successful New Membership Recruitment Specialist will:
- Design and implement a comprehensive, targeted plan for girl and adult membership growth by researching market data, membership trends, and other geographically relevant information. Must maintain accurate records and data.
- Implement membership strategies outlined in the council's strategic plan by cultivating communities to generate increased girl and volunteer leads.
- Identify specific targets and prepare action plans; project the number of contacts required to meet membership goal.Prepare a variety of status reports.
- Seek opportunities and cultivate relationships with community organizations including corporations, schools, educators, and faith-based institutions to increase awareness of and participation in Girl Scouting.
- Attend volunteer fairs and other volunteer-oriented events as assigned.
- Ensure Girl Scouts welcomes all girls and adults by embodying the Girl Scout way of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct timely (within 24 hours) follow-up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Work with interdepartmental team to develop and execute innovative techniques and ensure effective delivery of recruitment strategies to achieve Council goals.
- Promote and assist with Council-wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
- Deliver recruitment events and activities during the times when community members and potential members are available; this includes evenings and weekends and some travel throughout the Council region.
- Possess a valid Driver's License and have regular access to a reliable vehicle; must be able to work both in an office setting and independently off-site; must be capable of lifting 25 pounds.
- Be or become a registered member of the Girls Scouts of the United States of America; have a working knowledge of Girl Scout philosophy and programming, and be committed to the Girl Scout mission. (Prior Girl Scout experience not required)
- Perform other related duties as requested. Education or Experience
- Bachelor Degree in relevant marketing or sales, nonprofit management, volunteer management, social work or related field from an approved college or University.Other combinations of education and experience that demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position may be considered.
- 1+ year experience in outside sales, recruitment, marketing, community relations, or other relevant area preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, preferred
- 1+ year experience in working with, managing, or supervising volunteers, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, experience working with social media platforms, and customer relationship management systems, required. Experience working with Salesforce, preferred.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, required Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Badgerland
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Badgerland, Janesville , New Membership Recruitment Specialist, Human Resources , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!