Asst General Counsel
Company: STI Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Our Assistant General Counsel provides legal services and advice
to the Company in assigned areas of responsibility, including
contracts, litigation, IP, and risk management. Responsible for
ensuring the Company's business strategies, policies, and programs
are developed and applied in full recognition of all legal
implications and risks. Manages relationships and matters with
outside counsel. Ensure that the legal affairs of the Company are
attended to in an effective and efficient manner. Essential Duties
- Provides legal review of and advice regarding various Company
agreements and other documents, focusing on sales agreements,
dealer contracts, manufacturing agreements, supply chain and
procurement matters, including negotiation, drafting, and risk
- Manages routine litigation, including collection matters,
product liability, and commercial litigation.
- Manages the protection and enforcement of legal rights and
Company assets, including development of related documentation and
- Manages risk management and insurance programs in conjunction
with finance team.
- Manages engagement and oversight of outside counsel for
assigned areas of responsibility.
- Leads or supports, as needed, meetings of internal committees
related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Acts as a legal resource to various internal departments as
needed (e.g. due diligence activities in assigned areas of
responsibility in potential M&A deals).
- Provides relevant training to employees in the businesses.
- Develops relevant Legal Department processes and practices
relating to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Above is a list of the most
important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to
the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential
functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable
accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to
eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the
employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of
the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- At least 7 years of experience is preferred.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to provide prompt, practical
counsel, and creative solutions in all areas of responsibility
while minimizing risk.
- Ability to identify changes in law and oversee compliance,
propose changes to guidelines and processes, and effectively
educate and train internal clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Detail-oriented, organized, responsive to business partner
- Proven capability to balance a variety of high priority
- Solid computer skills including extensive knowledge of
specialized software related to assigned area(s) of
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of
responsibility and/or location. Training:
Keywords: STI Holdings, Inc., Janesville , Asst General Counsel, Legal , Whitewater, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!