Laboratory Support Technician II
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Performs the loading and unloading of lab
specimens from automated and non-automated instrumentation, as well
as perform various waived testing.
- Assists in problem
- May orient new
- Assists customers including answering phones
and responding to customer inquiries.
- Collects, labels, processes and preserves
blood, urine and other specimens according to established
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in
the appropriate laboratory and electronic medical record
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and
- May update statistical records, labels tubes,
and schedules processing runs.
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived
- Identifies patients using two
- Performs a variety of administrative and
clerical duties including admission activities, insurance
verification, order entry processing and medical record
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of
experience and education
- One year experience in a laboratory
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , Laboratory Support Technician II, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!