Meat Department Manager
Company: Festival Foods
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Meat Department Manager
Availability: Morning, Afternoon, Evenings and Weekends
Schedule: Full Time
Reports To: Store Director
Festival Foods is seeking a leader who is passionate about guest
service (at Festival our customers are our guests!), delivering
results and who really know how to keep things fun! It is the
mission of our Meat Department to help our guests live healthier
lives through the power and variety of fresh meat and seafood. This
is a great leadership opportunity for a retail or fresh food
service professional looking for career progression within a
A Fresh Take: Why Festival Foods?
- Work/Life Balance: Our associates need time away from work to
balance their lives - that's why we offer work/life balance
scheduling for all associates. We also start at 15 days of PTO for
all of our Full-Time associates
- Associate Discount: Enjoy 5% off your grocery purchases, and
10% off a peak-this-week produce offering
- Grow: With our Management Trainee, Emerging Leaders, e-Learning
Platform, and more - there are so many ways to grow & develop
personally & professionally
- Be an Owner: No really, be the owner! Become an owner of
Festival Foods through our Employee Stock Ownership Program and be
empowered to make decisions to bring our guests back
- Bank Bucks for College: You contribute 50 cents per hour
worked, and Festival will match up to $10,000 for school &
As a Meat Department Manager you will:
- Oversee all aspects of the Meat Department including (but not
limited to) developing associates, maintaining staffing levels, and
ensuring department goal achievement.
- Create engaging, memorable experiences through recognizing and
reacting to guests needs.
- Collaborate with HR Manager, Store Director, and Support Office
Directors on the needs of the department, company communication and
implementation of new procedures.
- Safeguard our exceptional standard for department organization
- Additional duties as assigned!
What it takes:
- Ability to support and promote Festivals values for diversity
- 5+ of leadership experience (at least 2 years as manager) -
retail or restaurant preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication with team, leaders
- WI Certified Food Manager License (Not certified yet? Let's
- Ability to solve problems collaboratively, listen generously
and celebrate success.
- Ability to lead, couch and motivate others.
What you can expect:
- Fast-paced work in varying temperature conditions - including
coolers, kitchens, freezers and on the sales floor.
- Flexible schedules to include morning, afternoon and evening
shifts during week day, weekends.
- To keep our associates and guests safe from COVID-19- face
masks are required at all times within the building.
Once you're eligible, you will be enrolled in our Employee Stock
Ownership Program and actually become an owner of Festival Foods!
Additionally, you will be issued an Associate Discount Card day one
of your employment for your in-store purchases. Also available-
Dollars for Students, 401k, Merit, Holiday Pay, Fitness
Reimbursements, and more!
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of
skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent
a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods
believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates,
products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our
guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented
Keywords: Festival Foods, Janesville , Meat Department Manager, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!