Family Support Worker
Company: Professional Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Professional Services Group, Inc.Description:
This position is responsible for maintaining the parent-child
relationship and other family attachments and reducing the sense of
abandonment children experience at placement. This program focuses
on enhancing the parent's ability to adequately and appropriately
care for and relate to the child, helping the parent(s) to develop
appropriate parenting behaviors, and identify and resolve problems
before and after children return home.Salary: 17.34 an hourKey
- Formulate, implement, evaluate and review desired behavior
changes with family.
- Conduct safe, family interactions with family members.
- Evaluate youth and families for treatment needs and refer to
- Analyze client situations, capabilities, and problems to
determine services required to control safety threats.
- Implement, evaluate and review safety assessments and
- Act as an on-call resource to evaluate and determine necessary
responses in de-escalating crisis situations with youth and
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Provide parent coaching during child/family interaction
- Intervene when necessary to prevent inappropriate behavior or
to promote productive interactions between participants.
- Conduct face-to-face contact with families, per program
standards, to ensure safety and cooperation with the safety
- Report family progress to Rock County Human Services Department
and make appropriate recommendations.
- Provide designated parent curriculum in individual and/or group
- Complete proper documentation on a timely basis per program
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely and obey all traffic
- Practice safe infant/child care seat installation and use.
- Safely transport clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned..
- Must have reliable transportation on a daily basis, a valid
driver's license, and automobile insurance.Education:
- At minimum, must have at least 90 college credits and be on
track to graduate with Bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice,
or other related fields strongly preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and
- Ability to read, speak and write clearly in English.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Rock
County Human Services Department.
- Establish and maintain productive and professional
relationships with clients, colleagues, the school district, and
other community agencies.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide culturally, ethnically, and gender-sensitive
- Possess an understanding of the dynamics of separation.
- Ability to follow directions and implement
- Possess creativity in identifying problems and solutions.
- Ability to self-motivate and remain on task.
- Knowledge and compliance with policies and procedures as
detailed in the personnel policy and procedure manual.Equal
Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran
Keywords: Professional Services Group, Inc., Janesville , Family Support Worker, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!