Zone Lead - 1st Shift
Company: Morgan Truck Body
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$2,500 sign-on bonus! New pay rates!Zone Team LeadExpectations
- Team member can be promoted to Zone Team Lead only if following
primary condition is met.
- Once promoted, there will be a Probation period of 2 months. At
the end of this period, there will be 30 min review/test conducted
by Production Manager. Based on review, the Zone Team Lead will be
given permanent position.
- Zone Team Lead must participate in weekly Leadership meetings
and Gemba Walks.
- Zone Team Lead must complete Leadership course identified by
ManagementExpectations and Responsibilities:
- Safety of Team Members
- Zone Team Lead should actively observe safety behaviors of all
the team members working within their zone of responsibilities and
evaluate the conditions of their workplace conditions. Any issues
requiring support must be communicated Supervisor and maintenance
if necessary. For example: 1. if someone in your zone is not
wearing gloves then it is your responsibility to correct the
situation through coaching and mentorship. If the person will not
change their behavior then you will need to escalate the problem to
Supervisor. 2. If an electrical cord becomes damaged then a
maintenance request must be submitted.
- Zone Team Lead should insure daily crane, fork lift, and other
required equipment inspections are completed at the beginning of
- Zone Team Leads should insure AM (Autonomous Maintenance)
calendars are completed daily and submitted to Supervisor at the
end of each month.
- Zone Team Leads must complete BBS audits weekly and submit to
- Expertise in Morgan Truck Body literature
- Zone Team Lead should be able to read and understand the
following thoroughly and be able to train team members for the
- Work Order
- Bill Of Material (BOM)
- Data Releases
- Reporting Substitution/Scrap Sheets and Parts Request Sheets
- Zone Team Lead should inure scrap sheets are accurately
completed turned in every day and train team members for the
- Zone Team Lead should insure that Parts Request Forms are
submitted per defined process times by shift and product line.
- Andon Schedule & TAKT Management
- Zone Team Leads should thoroughly understand Andon schedule and
daily TAKT. They should be able to understand work content from
each unit and manage/help labor to complete unit within TAKT cycle
to achieve 100% daily schedule attainment. Zone Team Lead is also
required to calculate the efficiency within each work center within
their zone and implement action to improve substandard
- Labor Management
- Zone Team Lead should communicate with other Zone Team Leads to
understand labor requirements and adjust labor based on Andon
schedule considering skill set of team members.
- Zone Team Leads should be able to Lead weekly PPS meetings and
have full understanding of all data displayed on board.
- Zone Team Lead should analyze efficiency data and proactively
work to address work centers below plan.
- Zone Team Lead should work with Supervisor to plan, manage and
maintain Zone skills matrices to identify gaps and corrective
- Tooling availability and Maintenance
- Zone Team Leads must ensure team members have all the tools
within the work center to perform their job. They are also
responsible for maintenance of the tools to avoid any downtime
- Zone Team Lead must be able to manage tool vending via MSC
machines and understand how machine operates.
- Zone Team Lead must actively manage 5S with in their zone to
insure that all tools and equipment have a designated home and all
team members are following policies.
- Zone Team Lead must complete weekly 5S audits and post results
and actions on PPS boards
- Zone Team Lead must complete 5S projects with photos each
- Training new team members
- Zone Team Lead is responsible for insuring training new team
members and ensuring completion of Andon Schedule during learning
curve of new hires.
- Quality of Product - Work Center Containment
- Zone Team Lead is responsible for Quality of the product. Zone
Team Lead must be thoroughly aware of all quality standards for the
product belonging to their Zone. Zone team Lead must ensure that
defect free product is produced. Zone Team lead is responsible to
insure training of new team members on quality standards.
- Zone Team Lead must, working with Quality, complete RCRA (root
cause and corrective action) on any Infant Warranty issue assigned
to their zone or top DPU (Defect per Unit)items from the weekly
Zone DPU Data.
- Play of the day
- Zone Team Lead must be aware of play of the day practice and
high RE content units scheduled in the work center for upcoming
schedule. Zone Team Lead should be able to communicate any missing
links (materials, tools, etc.) with other Zone Team Leaders
beforehand to avoid interruptions during TAKT cycle.
- Next Shift Setup
- Zone Team Lead must have good understanding of "Next Shift
Setup" based on Andon schedule and insure his/her work center is
- Andon System
- Zone Team Lead should be able to read and interpret Andon
System HMI and must be skilled in using Morgan Andon light/horn
- Developing Leaders
- Zone Team Lead is responsible for developing next Zone Team
- Zone Team Lead is responsible for the development of Work
Center Team Leads.
- PPS Boards
- Zone Team Leads must have good understanding of Visual Factory
and understand all performance metrics for work center and team.
Zone Team Leads should consistently communicate team performance to
their teams and strive for improvement.
- Zone Team Leads are responsible for cleanliness and
organization of their area. They MUST have good understanding of 5S
audit form; 5S color codes and four Levels of 5S achievement. They
should know Weekly/Monthly 5S score trend for their work centers.
Zone Team Leads should be able to perform 5S audit for their work
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Zone Team Lead must have good understanding of following Lean
- JBPCO Lean Strategy
- Customer Satisfaction
- Team Building and Respect for People
- 8 types of "Wastes", Value added vs. Non-Value added
- Standard Work
- Quick Changeover (QCO)
- Process Flow
- Kaizen & Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving (Zone Team Lead)Training Checklist
- Scrap Sub Sheets
- Parts Request Sheets
- BBS Audits
- Gemba Walks
- Crane Sheets
- Work Order, BOM, Data Releases, Drawings
- MSC Machines
- Maintenance Requests
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- RE or Standard Hours
- Work Center Efficiency
- Andon schedule (Daily Schedule Attainment)
- Adjusting the Labor variations
- Work Center Containment (Quality)
- Play of the Day - High RE content units
- Next Shift Setup
- Andon System
- PPS Boards
- Root Cause and Corrective Actions
- Pareto Analysis
- Stop Sign Process
- Autonomous Maintenance Calendars
- Lean Manufacturing PrinciplesJ.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc.
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training. #LI-TK1PandoLogic. Keywords:
Manufacturing Supervisor, Location: Janesville, WI - 53547
Keywords: Morgan Truck Body, Janesville , Zone Lead - 1st Shift, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!