Safety Lead - 2nd Shift
Company: Morgan Truck Body
Posted on: September 24, 2022
You can make any day a payday at Morgan with on-demand
pay!COMPANY BACKGROUNDMorgan Corporation is the largest
manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck
bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop
in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons
were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced
tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion
opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen
manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located
across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality,
service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.A subsidiary of
J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing
company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career
opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter
family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive
benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance,
disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and
more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance,
recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you
are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining
Morgan's winning team means being part of a great home away from
home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.POSITION
SUMMARY:The purpose of this position is to improve the
environmental, health, and safety performance related to the
manufacture of Morgan Bodies through the use of statistical data
analysis, problem solving techniques, and JBPCO production systems.
- Assist implementation of company safety programs, to include
developing safety methods, procedures and policies based on company
guidelines. Monitors and assist in Behavioral Based Safety Audits
and provide feedback to leadership on level of engagement and
compliance through regular reporting on audit details.
- Monitors facility and processes for adherence to OSHA
- Works with EH & S COE leaders to ensure site is compliant with
environmental hazards and raises concerns to respective COE leaders
in the EH & S department.
- Supports facility in job hazard analysis and measures and
evaluates effectiveness of safety policies, makes needed
recommendations through working with the COE leaders in EH & S
- Supports and participates with the emergency response team
(ERT), safety committee, performs safety and /or environmental
training as provided by the COE leaders in the safety department in
conjunction with the Regional Safety Engineer.
- Monitors worker's compensation record keeping and responds to
employee accidents with treatment, follow up, and internal
- Assist leaders and team members with actions to prevent
accidents both machinery and behavior with guidance from EH & S COE
- Monitors and files all training records in accordance with
- Participates in all internal and external audits and assist as
needed with direction from EH & S COE leaders and Regional Safety
- Performs other assigned duties as necessary.
- Assist facility leader in developing safety topics to discuss
and address during facility start up meetings.
- Participates in new hire orientation as needed to speak about
safety expectations and help facilitate safety compliance training
under the direction of EH & S COE guidance.Qualifications :
- Computer experience with proficiency in Excel & Word &
- Served on a safety committee
- 2 + more years in working in a manufacturing environment
- Some OSHA training preferred.
- Previous experience as part of an emergency response team or
first aid certified is desired
- High energy, great interpersonal skills and ability to
communicate with all levels in the organization
- Previous hazardous waste awareness level, train the trainer
designation for hoist, forklift and manlifts desired
- RCRA hazardous waste knowledge desired
- Experience in using a structured root cause analysis tool to
identify root cause and establish action plans to remove hazards or
guard against them.Physical requirements :
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed
to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle,
manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands
and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 35 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time
without being distracted.J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.#LI-TK1PandoLogic. Keywords: Safety Representative,
Location: Janesville, WI - 53547
Keywords: Morgan Truck Body, Janesville , Safety Lead - 2nd Shift, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!