Senior Tritium Engineer
Company: SHINE Technologies, LLC
Posted on: January 12, 2023
The tritium engineer will lead the design, development,
procurement, and installation of an advanced tritium system for our
medical isotope production facility and fusion development
projects. The position works as part of a collaborative team that
is at the forefront of bringing new nuclear technology to market.
SHINE engineers are designing systems that will help diagnose heart
disease, treat cancer, and take us another step closer to clean
energy. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not
- Lead the technical direction of the project as the responsible
engineer for the design, qualification and installation tasks to
drive the tritium system design forward.
- Work collaboratively with, drafting, safety-analysis,
construction engineering, SHINE systems and manufacturing division
and other SHINE team members to ensure design conforms to all
license, safety, and operational standards.
- Prepare technical engineering documents, review design
drawings, and prepare and review calculations that support the
design tasks in the SHINE schedule.
- Provide expertise in tritium handling to the prototype tritium
purification system team to support testing, commissioning and
running of the system.
- Support installation, testing, and commissioning of production
tritium purification system for moly-99 production facility.
- Identify and incorporate lessons learned into the design and
fabrication for future systems.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff to perform at their
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities, prioritizing
them in a way that contributes most to Company success.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering or related technical
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in relevant engineering roles or
other technical positions.
- Ability to critically evaluate technical information for
accuracy across design basis.Preferences:
- Master's degree in relevant engineering or related technical
- Experience in an NRC regulated field. Eligibility for
employment is conditioned on the applicant's ability to qualify for
access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls.
Additionally, applicant's eligibility may be conditioned based upon
meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access
to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a
pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background
check.SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical
component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every
member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and
experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and
from the responsibility we take for our actions.SHINE Technologies
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. PI200034593
Keywords: SHINE Technologies, LLC, Janesville , Senior Tritium Engineer, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!