Company: SHINE Technologies, LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Structural Engineer will design nuclear-regulated structures and
support components to meet project requirements, computing size,
shape, strength, and type of structural members. The Structural
Engineer will also perform structural analysis of plans and
structures.Duties and Responsibilities:Specific duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical assistance, direction, and support process
design engineering and field engineering.
- Ensuring all work is done per latest revisions of design
drawings and specifications, and licensing commitments and code
requirements are met.
- Trouble-shooting the design, resolving issues with engineering
and/or fabricator using formal field documentation processes.
- Providing support to field engineering organization in
establishing requirements for work plans and procedures.
- Identify scope of installation work packages for scopes of work
in support of the construction schedule.
- Designing of reinforced concrete structures, steel frames and
connections, steel shell structures, foundations, and support
- Performing structural analysis of steel and concrete
structures, foundations, and structural components, for static and
dynamic loads, including seismic, wind, blast, tornado, and impact
- Planning, coordinating, or preparing design and equipment
specifications and evaluate vendors for Civil/Structural design and
- Performing Owner Acceptance Reviews for vendor design packages
including analyses, drawings, etc to ensure design meets project
specifications, licensing requirements, and appropriate design
codes per established project procedures.
- Coordinating with other project groups and vendors to ensure
civil/structural aspects of designs are clearly understood and
- ABET accredited Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural,
Civil, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Professional Engineer registration is desired
- At least 7 years' experience in civil/structural engineering is
- Working knowledge of civil and structural design codes and
requirements is strongly desired, e.g. ACI 349, ACI 318.
- Experience with field evaluation / resolution of steel and
concrete structural design issues is strongly desired.
- Working level knowledge of nuclear quality assurance program,
e.g. NQA-1, ANSI 15.8 is desired.
- Experience with development and maintenance of design related
calculations is strongly desired.
- Previous Nuclear Power Plant design/retrofit experience is
- Familiarity with seismic design methodology is desired.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant's
ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export
Controls. Additionally, applicant's eligibility may be conditioned
based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements
for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a
pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background
check.SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical
component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every
member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and
experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and
from the responsibility we take for our actions.SHINE Technologies
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. PI200034572
Keywords: SHINE Technologies, LLC, Janesville , Structural Engineer, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!