Company: Mercy Health System
Posted on: January 24, 2023
* Day shift / no weekends or holidays
* Mercyhealth hospital - Janesville
The Ultrasound Student is a radiologic technologist enrolled in the
Mercyhealth School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The Ultrasound
Student performs ultrasound procedures and associated tasks under
the supervision of a registered diagnostic medical sonographer, and
in accordance with programmatic policies and procedures.
* Selects equipment for use in ultrasound and vascular setup
according to specifications of examination.
* Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in
assuming physical position for examination
* Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to
organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of
* Keys test data and patient information into computer of
ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
* Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and
observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic
* Starts equipment which produces images of internal organs/
vessels and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer
disk, strip printout, or film or PACS.
* Photographs images of organs shown on display module, or removes
strip printout from equipment, to obtain permanent record of
* Assists radiologist with interventional exams as requested.
* Uses patient's identifiers.
* Working knowledge of PACS.
Education and Experience
Student of an accredited School of Ultrasound Six months experience
as an ultrasound student required
Eligible for ARDMS with SPI Physics completedEligible for IEMA-DNS
radiography accreditation Approved CPR or BLS certification
required within 90 days
Special Physicial Demands
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is
occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Culture of Excellence Behavior Expectations
Keywords: Mercy Health System, Janesville , Ultrasound Student, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!