Janesville Anesthesia Full time position
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
SSM Health - Dean Medical Group, a 450+ multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting a fill-in Anesthesiologist to join our busy practice in Janesville. Janesville is geographically located between Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee. The department consists of 4 physicians and 6 CRNAs and is 50% medical direction and 50% staffing your own cases. St. Mary's Janesville Hospital has 7 operating rooms which includes one that is dedicated to c-sections. Typical case load includes general surgery, urology, cataracts, orthopedics, OB, ENT, GI, radiology, and healthy pediatrics. The ideal candidate will have a broad skill set, including regional anesthesia skills, and be patient centered, service oriented, friendly, and hard working.
The new medical campus in Janesville (www.stmarysjanesville.com) opened on January 9, 2012. It includes the 50-bed St. Mary's Janesville Hospital and the connected SSM Health Dean Medical Group physician offices and medical complex. The hospital provides health care services from Urgent Care to ICU, and a recently added on site radiation oncology facility. It also benefits from being part of the greater SSMHC/Dean system, with the sister hospital, St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, just 35 miles north of Janesville. Electronic medical records are also seamlessly connected throughout the hospital and the entire SSM system via Epic.
A mid-sized city of 60,000 people, Janesville residents enjoy their beautiful, safe, family-oriented community for its excellent schools and abundant recreational opportunities. Residents enjoy a plentiful array of outdoor activities from golfing, boating, sailing, waterskiing, hiking/biking miles of scenic trails, to snowmobiling and cross country skiing.
Janesville is fortunate to have a very dedicated, innovative, and engaged business community and an unusually extensive and robust infrastructure for a city of its size. This combination has blessed Janesville with a resilient economy and a dedicated population. Add to this a rich history and more than 2,500 acres of beautiful parks & bike trails, and you can see why Janesville earns its name as "Wisconsin's Park Place."
SSM Health - Dean Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Variable Shift (United States of America)
6230530164 St Marys Hosp Hospitalist
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
It's more than a career, it's a calling
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , Janesville Anesthesia Full time position, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
here to apply!