Hiring Now! 1st Shift Team Lead Assembler - End of Line
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibit personal performance and attendance at the highest
- Exhibit leadership in the area associated with rate and
technical performance. Be a working example to all team
- Align the team by balancing work cells with proper manpower to
meet takt requirements. Initiate the actions necessary for goal
achievement, and coordinate with the Production Supervisor as
needed. Assure the people are given the assignments that best allow
them to succeed in the area for that particular day's challenge.
- Be immediately available to employees in the work area to
answer technical assembly questions, address production concerns
and other technical work functions.
- Be able to meet all requirements of Assembler position. Support
transitioning new employees to the area of responsibility. -
(Welcome, ensure they understand what to do, have tooling, etc.). -
Ensure safety, quality and productivity is met in area of
responsibility (operating safely, defects, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining takt for area of
- Perform all technical job responsibilities in a timely manner,
including, but not limited to:
- Takt sheet maintenance
- Status sheet maintenance
- Assist the Production Supervisor in technical performance
information on area employees
- Work with Production Supervisor to take Gemba walks and sustain
an acceptable level of 5S.
- Initiate actions (e.g. maintenance request) without the direct
intervention of the Production Supervisor. It is the Production
Supervisor's job to determine if there are any issues with the
assignment or action, or to follow-up in the actions that are not
- Operate all types of tools essential and necessary to the job,
including but not limited to, hand drill, hammer, needle gun, caulk
gun, chisel, utility knives, putty scraper, disk sander, rivet gun,
impact wrench, hydraulic punches, pneumatic squeezer, huck gun,
router, grinder and tape measure. Maintain constant torque
- Assure process sheets are being followed.
- Perform the requirements of an Assembler job classification,
acting as a backup.
- Ability to change tasks or be able to work in multiple
- Perform other duties as required.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, and
accurate and highly productive manner according to company
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the company.
- - - - -
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions, which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.
- Must have 6 months to 1-year related experience building
trailers. This includes equipment, application skills,
troubleshooting and training. - Must be able to work independently
as well as function in a team environment. - Person should be
experienced in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and
PowerPoint) and have shown the ability to learn other
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability as a leader - know when to follow and lead
while keeping a positive attitude.
- Able to motivate and communicate well.
- Proven leadership skills - able to instill confidence in others
and earn their respect.
- Must be able to perform each essential function and
responsibility of the job satisfactorily in accordance with company
productivity and quality requirements.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, experiment, and express
opinions regarding work methods and blueprints and be accountable
for your area.
- Must maintain high standards of quality and work performance,
including direct assistance to supervisors and managers as
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, tape measures
and company documents for area.
- Must have basic math skills, especially fractions.
- Must be able to operate computerized automated
- Must be able to perform each essential function and
responsibility of the job satisfactorily in accordance with
- Ability to use computers.
- Strong communication skills.
-Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Janesville , Hiring Now! 1st Shift Team Lead Assembler - End of Line, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...