CRNA-St. Mary's Hospital Janesville, WI FT
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
SSM Health-Dean Medical group is actively recruiting a CRNA to join
our practice in Janesville. We are offering either a full or part
time position. The department currently consists of four
Anesthesiologists and nine CRNAs. Call (1:9) is in-house which
allows the provider to live where they choose. Located directly off
of I-90 between Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago, this location is
desirable to many. St. Mary's Hospital- Janesville has 7 operating
rooms which includes a dedicated c-section room and also two
endoscopy and I/R suites. A typical case load consists of general,
orthopedics, gynecology, obstetrics, ENT, cataracts, some
oculoplastic, endoscopy, interventional radiology and healthy
pediatric patients. There is ample opportunity to perform neuraxial
anesthesia and place lines if desired. The ideal candidate will
have a broad skill set and be patient centered and service
* Epic EMR
* Excellent work/life balance
* Flexible call schedule (may allow 11 days off in a row with only
the need to use 40 hours PTO)
* Competitive income guarantee and signing bonus
* Comprehensive benefit package
The new medical campus in Janesville opened in 2012. It includes
the 50-bed St. Mary's Janesville Hospital and the connected Dean
Medical Group physician offices and medical complex. The surgeons
enjoy the convenience of practicing in a beautiful new facility in
which physician offices are just a brief stroll to the operating
rooms. The hospital provides health care services from Urgent Care
to ICU, and a recently added on site radiation oncology facility.
It also benefits from being part of the greater SSMHC/Dean system,
with the sister hospital, St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, just 35
miles north of Janesville. Electronic medical records are also
seamlessly connected throughout the hospital, clinic, and the
entire Dean system via Epic.
A mid-sized city of 60,000 people, Janesville residents enjoy their
beautiful, family-oriented community for its excellent schools and
abundant recreational opportunities. Residents enjoy a plentiful
array of golfing, hiking, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and
other outdoor activities. Janesville was settled in 1836 after
Henry Janes traveled to the area. Proud of their heritage,
Janesville's residents have shown great dedication to the
restoration of the city's early buildings and homes. Of particular
interest is the Look West Historic District, an early neighborhood
with connections to the city's rail and manufacturing history.
Under the direction of anesthesiologist(s), assess, plans,
coordinates, and implements and evaluates patients receiving
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Reviews schedule and administers anesthesia to patients
* Makes preop evaluations on all patients assigned to his/her care.
Studies chart for results of history and physical, medical
consults, and preop tests, to determine probable effects of
anesthesia on the patient, and takes appropriate actions to correct
abnormalities if possible. Initiates EKG, blood pressure and pulse
oximeter monitors prior to induction.
* Assists in positioning patient on operating table, taking care to
protect the patient from injury.
* Induces anesthesia on direction of attending surgeon.
* Administers anesthesia under direction and supervision of
anesthesiologist in collaboration with surgeon. Supports life
functions during the administration of anesthesia, including
induction and intubation. Maintains anesthesia at appropriate
levels. Administers no more than one anesthetic at a time.
* Provides appropriate pre-anesthesia and post-anesthesia
management of the patient.
* Recognizes and takes appropriate corrective action (including
requisitioning consultation when necessary) for abnormal patient
responses to anesthesia or to any adjuctive medication or therapy.
Provides professional observation and resuscitative care (including
requesting consultation when necessary) until the patient has
regained control of his vital functions. Provide other forms of
patient care, such as emergency intubation, inhalation therapy, and
cardiopulmonary resuscitation as needed.
* Record all pertinent data on the anesthesia record. Inform PACU
nurse of patient's condition and any expected problems. Keep
surgeon informed of patient's condition at all times.
* Follows established infection control guidelines and reports
safety hazards for immediate resolution
* Assembles necessary supplies and equipment needed, and tests
equipment to assure proper function prior to commencing anesthesia.
Disassembles and cleans equipment according to policies of the
department. Requisition necessary equipment, supplies, adjustments
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in a health care related field or Advanced Practice
* One year nursing experience
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - National Board of
Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA),
Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact
Variable Shift (United States of America)
6000550164 162120-St Marys Jnsvll Hosp Anest
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Janesville , CRNA-St. Mary's Hospital Janesville, WI FT, Other , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!