Med Surg PM HUC
Company: Advocate Health
Posted on: February 10, 2024
- Coordinates tests and treatments with and between various
departments for patients on nursing units. Maintains working
knowledge of functions and services offered by all diagnostic and
treatment departments to facilitate the scheduling of tests and
- Facilitates communications required to support patient care
including multiple-line telephone, unit/site paging and hospital
information system. Screens incoming telephone calls. Monitors
department office equipment and troubleshoots minor problems.
Arranges repair of major malfunctions.
- Maintains working knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
system and other computer systems for ordering patient and unit
supplies and equipment. Processes daily patient charges and/or
related procedures through the system.
- Compiles necessary chart forms for admissions, transfers,
discharges and expirations. Obtains appropriate copies of medical
records for transfers to nursing homes and other health care
- Verifies medical records contain complete and accurate patient
demographic information, patient identification and registration in
the medical record, including appropriate level of care.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relations and
contributes to a harmonious work environment. Quickly and
courteously acknowledges requests, responds to call lights,
demonstrates proper phone etiquette and fosters communication
between the health care team.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.Education Required:
- High School Graduate, or
- Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or High
School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).Experience Required:
- No experience required.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to
interruptions and changing priorities/workloads.
- High level of attention to detail essential.
- Certification Addendum
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for
hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
- Will regularly be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical
and radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids; therefore,
personal protective equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have functional vision, hearing, and speech.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Janesville , Med Surg PM HUC, Other , Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!