Junior Construction Project Manager
Company: Blain's Farm & Fleet
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What We Offer:
At Blain's Farm & Fleet we believe everyone deserves the
opportunity to have a job they love, work in a great environment,
grow their career, and enjoy a positive work/life balance.
As a family-owned retailer we take pride in offering a competitive
benefit package designed to support you and your life. It is one of
the reasons we have been named a Forbes Best Employer for three
- We provide development to help you grow your career
- Associate discount
- Internal recognition programs that support an engaged
- Profit Sharing
- 401k with companymatch
- Mix of in office and work from homeWhat You--ll Do:We are
currently seeking a Junior Project Manager. The position is
headquartered in Janesville, WI. This position will be responsible
for assisting the Construction Project Manager with overseeing and
implementing execution of all construction activity for Blain
Supply and Blain's Farm & Fleet retail locations, including ground
up, remodels, and resets.
Participate in project planning including assisting with
development of budgets, schedules, and working drawings/bid
documents for construction projects.
Development of budgets, schedules, and working drawings/bid
documents for construction projects. Contract review and
development according to professional standards.
- Identify and select building contractors though formal bidding
process, and analysis of competitive bids. Maintain qualified
contractors in regions we operate in and develop relationships in
- Coordinate with internal customers to identify construction
contractor needs and implement solutions as needed.
- Coordinate with project managers and designers on construction
- Complete materials take-offs from project plans and issue
purchase orders for building materials as required. Ensure
contractual obligations are fulfilled. Manage contract and labor
- Prepare and manage contracts based on solicited bids for
general and sub-contractors. Regularly review timings, budget,
labor, risk, and project plans to ensure work stays on track.
- Provide direction to contractors and co-workers as needed. Set
targets, objectives for on time and on budget project
- Occasional on-site management and coordination of construction
projects to ensure compliance with contract terms, schedule,
quality, and safety standards.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders on a regular basis
via appropriate communication channels and update\dashboard
- Provide inspections of project work and complete punch-list to
ensure final project quality standards are met and all contracted
work is completed.
- Authorize and process monthly payments of scheduled
construction costs and analyze overall costs as they compare to
budgeted costs and percentage of completed work.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and
external customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Recommend policy and procedure improvements.
- Management of closeout documents, drawings, and files to ensure
proper document access and availability.
What it Takes:Bachelors Degree in Construction management,
Engineering, Project Management and/or equivalent experience
Must have experience in multi-project responsibility.
- Previous experience with construction management in a retail
- Must be able to read and interpret construction documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and project
scheduling software programs.
- Must have ability to read and understand construction documents
including blueprints, specifications and building codes.
- Excellent time management skills#IND3
Keywords: Blain's Farm & Fleet, Janesville , Junior Construction Project Manager, Professions , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!