Electro-Mechanical Technician - Calibration
Company: SHINE Technologies, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The Electro-Mechanical Technician will support the integration,
assembly, and calibration of prototype ion beam process systems.
Ideal candidates must have a willingness to quickly learn and
understand new technology, instrumentation, and technical
processes. In addition, the selected candidate must be able to read
from engineering drawings or schematics and is able to follow
written or verbal instructions. The Electro-Mechanical technician
will assist with the execution of tests and experiments and must be
able to follow written procedures and accurately record test data.
This position requires the ability to work safely within an
industrial and radiation environment. Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Assembles and performs limited testing and operation of process
systems, component assemblies, and prototypes.
- Calibrate, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot instrumentation
and equipment used in a laboratory or manufacturing plant.
- Conduct routine testing and preventative maintenance to ensure
conformance to established calibration standards
- Under close direction and supervision, assembles major systems
and complex and unique electromechanical units.
- Performs daily and routine facility and equipment checks,
surveillance logs and workshop housekeeping.
- Assist other projects and departments as required.
- Overtime may be necessary to complete required work assignment
with little or no advance notice.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner that is professional and cooperative. Requirements:
- Ideal candidates will possess an associate degree in
Engineering or related discipline and/or have 2-5 years of
- Experience in laboratory operations and knowledge of nuclear
process equipment and instrumentation calibration is highly
- Willingness to learn and understand new technology,
instrumentation, and technical processes.
- Ability to read from engineering drawings or schematics.
- Ability to follow written procedures and accurately record test
- Ability to work safely within an industrial and radiation
environment. Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the
applicant's ability to qualify for access to information subject to
U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant's eligibility may be
conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission
requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically
requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal
background check. SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a
critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our
success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the
talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we
exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
SHINE Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. PI186829449
Keywords: SHINE Technologies, LLC, Janesville , Electro-Mechanical Technician - Calibration, Professions , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!