M-F, 7a-3p - CDL A Company Driver
Posted on: March 18, 2023
CDL A Home Daily Company Driver
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled
infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to
ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers,
restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our
customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the
food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in
order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
- Operate a Class A commercial vehicle (tractor trailer) to make
no-touch pick-ups and deliveries at various local warehouses and
customer locations. This is a first shift, home daily position,
M-F, generally 7 am to 3:30 pm.
- Earn $21.46 per hour, with the ability to qualify for many
benefits such as health, vision, dental, 401K, paid time off (PTO),
- Serve as a point of contact for product deliveries and
acceptance, and relay relevant information between Americold and
- Be willing to assist in the warehouse when not driving, either
loading with fork lift (will train) or general clean-up.
- Strictly adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations including daily trip logs, pre- and post-trip vehicle
and equipment inspections, and hours of service, and maintain all
appropriate paperwork, such as bills of lading and invoices.
What Experience You Need
- A valid and current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
in the state of residence, and a minimum of two (2) years of
recent, verifiable experience operating CDL A (tractor trailer)
- No conviction for driving while intoxicated or under the
influence of drugs within the past five (5) years.
- No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months,
and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries
treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle
within three years.
- No violations for reckless driving, speeding 15 MPH over the
speed limit, lane changes, or texting/handheld device use while
driving. No conviction for a "serious or disqualifying traffic
violation" within the last three (3) years as described in FMCSR
parts 382, 391, 392 and 397).
What Could Set You Apart
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Demonstration of interpersonal and customer service skills,
including partnering with co-workers and customers
- Skills in written and verbal communication, and basic
- Skilled at reading and interpreting driving directions and road
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me?
We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with
our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their
health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a
values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers
feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Janesville , M-F, 7a-3p - CDL A Company Driver, Professions , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...