1st Shift Forklift Operator!
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job Purpose Responsible for production, health and safety
systems, workflow planning, maintenance, employee relations,
training, turnover, quality, inventory, continuous improvement, and
other production related activities. Direct and manage
manufacturing operations area(s). Recommend improvements in
production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working
conditions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring a quality finished product.
- Accountable for inventory and materials in multiple
- Use SyteLine, RF scanners, and other computer programs to track
and manage materials.
- Manage employees to ensure effective employee relations are
developed, health and safety management systems are adhered to,
productivity levels are consistently met, turnover is minimized and
properly evaluated when it happens, proper inventory levels are
maintained, and the importance of consistent high-quality standards
are communicated and met. Provide employee coaching and
- Make employment decisions.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution, balance
safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive
results in all areas.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual
controls and provide regular progress reports to VP of
Manufacturing. Will be accountable for identified metrics (safety,
cost per unit, on-time delivery, productivity)
- Foresee and implement creative solutions to potential
- Manage and oversee projects.
- Manage paperwork flow.
- Manage department policies and procedures.
- Track absenteeism and time keeping
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Company involvement in projects, awards, ceremonies, award
dinners, and facility tours are required.
- Interact with suppliers and other outside personnel as
required. Above is a list of the most important responsibilities
and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must
be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors. Qualifications
- Education: 5+ years' experience in inventory, material control,
or related field. Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse
- Additional education in related field desirable but not
- APEX certification.
- CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Company Hazardous Waste polices, goals, documents, Sexual
Harassment Policy and any other policies and procedures required
for this position.
- Any other identified training programs required for this
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong ability to communicate, especially between multiple
- Experience with a health and safety management system (e.g.:
- Experience in training and development.
- Machining/ assembly background.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
- An ability to think ahead and plan over and prepare action
plans to achieve results.
- Experience in measuring performance to goals and
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of
safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Systems, continuous improvement, inventory, and problem
analysis and resolution orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Proficient in Blueprint
reading.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Janesville , 1st Shift Forklift Operator!, Professions , Orfordville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!