OR Technician - $3,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Posted on: May 14, 2019
Role Purpose: -- Under the direction of the Director - Surgical,
Maternal and Child Services and/or Supervisor - Surgical provides
assistance as a surgical team member in procuring supplies and
instruments for surgical procedures. Assists with operative
procedures according to hospital policies and procedures. --
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance
as defined at St. Mary---s Janesville Hospital using the conceptual
framework for Surgical Tech practice as a guide. Assumes
responsibility and accountability for own professional practice,
continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-service,
staff meetings). Regularly seeks learning opportunities.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers.
Assists in orientation of new Surgical Tech personnel. Supports the
activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues. ------
- Follows hospital/unit directives; e.g. standards, policies,
procedures, protocols. Assumes responsibility for equipment
operation and maintenance. ------
- Completes documentation according to unit/hospital standards.
- Assists circulating nurse in preparing for a surgical procedure
by establishing sterile field(s) and opening necessary sterile
- Under direct supervision of circulating nurse and other
surgical team members, may assist with positioning of a patient for
- Passes instruments, sponges and sutures to surgeon and
assistants as needed. Completes needle, sponge and instrument count
with a registered nurse. Shares responsibility with the registered
nurse for the handling of surgical specimens. ------
- Directly responsible for handling of used and unused
instruments at the conclusion of the surgical procedure. Assists in
room clean up and prepares room for next case. ------
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively.
Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT
minimal or nonexistent. ------
- Performs other duties as requested. ------
- Contributes as an effective team member. Participates in
productive/problem solving dialogue (i.e., offers and/or seeks
solutions to issues). Recognizes and supports change.
Sign On Bonus: This position is eligible for a $3,000 sign on
bonus.--Minimum Qualifications: --
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of Operating Room Technician program or equivalent
- Surgical Technologist Certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- A minimum of 2 years of experience
- Demonstrates commitment to patient satisfaction and exhibits
exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Meets and/or maintains competencies appropriate to the
- Demonstrates evidence of knowledge regarding surgical
procedures including anatomy and physiology as it relates to the
procedure, equipment and supplies necessary. Knowledge of sterile
technique. -- Preferred Qualifications: --
- Inpatient surgical experience -- Physical Requirements: --
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 6--hours a days.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than
4--hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation. St. Mary's Janesville Hospital --- --
- Our $150 million community medical campus opened in 2012 to
provide a full range of health services for Janesville and the
surrounding communities in Rock County. The campus includes a
50-bed hospital --- St. Mary's Janesville Hospital --- and our
adjacent Dean Clinic --- Janesville East location, which offers
exceptional primary and specialty care on one central complex. Our
165,000-square-foot hospital has all private rooms, a healing
garden and award-winning emergency and obstetrics departments.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville, Janesville , OR Technician - $3,000 Sign On Bonus, Professions , Janesville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!